Take Your Delivery Management Career to the Next Level
Do you have a passion for managing budgets, meeting deadlines, and exceeding client expectations? Our delivery management professionals are involved in project delivery from initiation and planning to execution, monitoring, and closeout. Each phase requires strong attention to detail while communicating to internal and external stakeholders. Do you have a proven track record in managing goals and objectives? Consider joining our team and work with peers who have vast industry knowledge and experience solving complex problems.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder has a great opportunity for a Cultural Resources Senior Program Manager to join our San Francisco Bay Area cultural resources group.
This is a full-time position. Successful candidates will have at least 15 years of prior experience working in California cultural resources management, including field work. Candidates considered for this position must be willing to work with and help lead a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment while tracking multiple projects at once. Office job duties include project management, preparing proposals and contracts, peer reviewing internal cultural documents, mentoring junior and mid-level staff, coordinating with archaeological field crews, upholding Kleinfelder safety standards, reviewing field paperwork such as survey and monitoring reports, completing and reviewing site record forms, and submitting high quality deliverables to our clients and stakeholders. Field duties may include occasional travel to conduct pedestrian surveys, identifying and recording cultural resources, and meeting with clients, agencies, and Tribes.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous experience managing cultural resources projects in California is required.
- Must meet or exceed the Secretary of the Interior's Guidelines in Archaeology and the Society for California's Archaeology's professional qualification standards for Principal Investigator.
- The ability to independently identify prehistoric and historic-era cultural resources.
- Fifteen or more years of progressive experience, including participating in cultural resources field projects in California.
- The ability to lead proposal efforts for new work and participate in virtual or in-person client proposal interviews.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and close attention to detail.
- The ability to lead and provide mentorship for a well-established team of qualified archaeologists.
- Strong writing skills and clarity in notetaking while working in the field.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and respond quickly while working in the field or office.
- Have good phone skills and be familiar with Microsoft Teams, Slack, Microsoft Outlook while working remotely.
- Experience working on State and federal lands.
- Previous experience working with Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) projects is highly desirable.
- Previous senior-level geoarchaeological experience is also highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience leading studies involving Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
- Previous experience with cultural resources mitigation development and implementation required.
- Previous experience coordinating with Native American Tribes and land agencies is required.
- Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel) and Google Earth.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, total station, iPad etc.) and GIS applications and software. Previous experience using Collector a plus.
- Previous experience preparing and reviewing site record forms, monitoring logs, and survey report forms.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Work with Kleinfelder's recruitment team to screen and hire qualified cultural resources staff.
- Ability to delegate tasks to team members as necessary.
- A California driver's license is required.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check.
Education: Graduate degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field required.
This position may require work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19. If that is the case, you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Pay Transparency Law. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: $125,024 - $208,303.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.