Take Your Environmental Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Environmental team is looking for you! From environmental planning, permitting, remediation, and site characterization to chemical data management and hydrogeology, Kleinfelder offers a variety of services designed to provide technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is seeking a Staff Geologist to join our Environmental Site Assessment and Remediation practice in Southern California.
We have an exciting and technically challenging position that will support our rapidly expanding environmental and sustainability programs for a diverse set of public and private clients! Our Team is looking for an individual that is eager for growth and mentorship, passionate about contributing to a rapidly evolving environmental industry, and committed to supporting Kleinfelder's sustainability mission and progress towards its corporate social responsibility goals and initiatives.
Under direct supervision, this individual will be responsible for completing well-defined, assigned field and office tasks including, but not limited to:
- Task managing and performing environmental field activities, including field preparation, drilling and sample collection and logging of soil borings, groundwater and soil-vapor sampling, and subcontractor oversight.
- Health and safety support.
- Providing technical support to staff-level engineers, geologists, and field technicians.
- Assisting Project Managers with preparation of technical reports and proposals.
- Supporting Project Managers with budget management and client interaction.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- At least 3-6 years of related experience, demonstrating increasing responsibilities and successful technical execution on environmental assessment and remediation projects.
- Professional License is not required but preferred. Ability to obtain professional registration in California (e.g., PG or PE) a plus.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Geology, Engineering, or other related field. Advanced degree(s) a plus.
- OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER training completed. Current annual refresher training preferred.
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office software, including Word and Excel. Experience with gINT, MS Project and Power Point, and groundwater modeling software a plus.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Leadership and strong ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Utilize strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Health and safety focused.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage and meet timelines.
- Highly organized, and conscientious with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good judgment and sound decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental regulatory agency laws, regulations, and permitting requirements.
- The candidate for this position will be based in one of our Los Angeles area offices.
- This position is performed in an office and field environment.
- Up to 70% of time may be dedicated to field activities in varying environmental conditions including inclement weather.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Some night and weekend work may be required for this position.
- May periodically require travel and stays outside of the greater Los Angeles area.
- Candidate must pass a medical surveillance that includes drug screening and respiratory function testing in order to operate in respirator controlled environments.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Pay Transparency Law. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: $50,081-$83,486.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.