Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design, and construction services. With a dedicated staff of over 600 technical and administrative personnel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around our employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century's culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century is currently seeking a Program Manager to oversee our Traffic Design Group in our Newark, DE office.
- Leading, growing and mentoring multi-disciplined staff - supporting the achievement of professional career goals.
- Manage all phases of project execution including project organization, subcontractor management, scheduling, financial management, health and safety stewardship, and reporting
- Nurture and grow client relationships and contracts
- Oversee pursuits, designate the appropriate resources to projects, define client needs, address client concerns and manage resources within budget.
- Devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Build relationships on technical and client service teams and within client organizations
- Communicate effectively with internal and external teams of clients and stakeholders
- Perform traffic engineering tasks through application of relevant design criteria, standards and processes in order to develop traffic control device recommendations
- Conduct traffic data collection, and a wide range of traffic engineering studies including but not limited to traffic impact studies and traffic operational analyses
- Develop project budgets, prepare technical proposals and overall management of projects
- Manage traffic data collection efforts
- Review designs performed by others for the purpose of Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QAQC)
- Apply the principles in the DE Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) as well as interpret and apply applicable federal, state and/or local standards and processes
- Develop support information and applicable deliverables
- BS from ABET accredited engineering program
- A minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in the traffic engineering field
- Professional Engineering License (PE) required and Professional Traffic Operations Engineer Registration (PTOE) preferred
- Experience working on DelDOT projects a plus
- Proficiency with Synchro/SimTraffic and Highway Capacity Software (HCS) preferred
- Experience with additional capacity analysis and traffic simulation software applications including but not limited to PTV VISSIM a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any part of this application process, please contact Human Resources
or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Disabilities/Veterans