Are you an experienced bush regenerator ready to take your career to the next level? Want to be part of a well-resourced and experienced land management team? One with the scope to work on a diverse range of challenging projects in the Newcastle and wider Hunter region?
Kleinfelder is an environmental and engineering consulting firm, built on a track record of proven success and long-term relationships. Our successes have been driven by a team of enthusiastic and dedicated professionals who have found the scope and opportunity to grow with us.
Due to our success and growth, an opportunity has arisen for qualified and experienced Bush Regenerators who want to further develop their career into an exciting role to join our Newcastle team.
If you have the drive and desire to move your career to a company focused on connecting great people to the best work, then we want to hear from you.
In this role you will be supervising various vegetation management and rehabilitation activities for private industry and government authorities as a member of a professional team. This role provides a varied and challenging experience across a range of ecological settings and landscapes.
This is an opportunity to actively demonstrate your experience and capability in vegetation management and progress your professional development within a team that values its people and their careers.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate safety leadership
- Supervise small bush regeneration teams
- Work with the Operations Manager to coordinate schedules and workflow
- Communicate with clients to ensure that works are conducted on time and budget
- Order supplies
- Manage equipment purchases, repairs and maintenance
- Ensure that project administration is completed
- Have opportunities to work with other service lines i.e. ecology and contaminated land
We are seeking experienced bush regenerators who will ideally bring:
- Qualifications or experience in Terrestrial Conservation and/or Land Management, or similar;
- Weed control experience including herbicide application, brush cutting, and manual control techniques;
- A demonstrable knowledge of local native plant and weed species and control methods;
- Practical knowledge of work health and safety policies and procedures, risk management practice and principles;
- Proven supervisory experience including 2 years on-ground experience in industry such as vegetation management, bush regeneration, horticulture, landscaping, arborist or relevant land management roles;
- Ability to operate and maintain vehicles and field equipment;
- Willing to work away from home, for up to four days at a time.
- Physical fitness, self-motivation and ability to function in a team environment;
- A current NSW driver's licence;
- ACDC/ChemCert qualifications;
- White Card (construction induction);
- Strong attention to detail and company values;
- A strong work ethic.
Applicants will be highly regarded if they have:
- Senior First Aid;
- Chainsaw qualifications;
Successful applicants must be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical (including drug screen testing). Offers of employment are conditional on being medically and physically fit for the job.
The right person will join our Newcastle team of environmental professionals and have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects across multiple service lines. You will enjoy the benefits that come from working for an international multidisciplinary consultancy with access to industry leaders from Kleinfelder's Technical Network.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kleinfelder Casual Land Management Employees fall under the Gardening and Landscaping Services Award 2010.
Applications that do not address the key criteria will not be considered. You will only be contacted if your application is short listed.
Apply via the "Apply now" button.
For a general discussion about this role please contact Evan Green at EGreen@Kleinfelder.com