Take Your Delivery Management Career to the Next Level
Do you have a passion for managing budgets, meeting deadlines, and exceeding client expectations? Our delivery management professionals are involved in project delivery from initiation and planning to execution, monitoring, and closeout. Each phase requires strong attention to detail while communicating to internal and external stakeholders. Do you have a proven track record in managing goals and objectives? Consider joining our team and work with peers who have vast industry knowledge and experience solving complex problems.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is looking for a dynamic Project Manager/Engineer to join our team in supporting projects managed in our Mid-Atlantic Engineering Group. He or she will be detail-oriented with a commitment to project excellence. Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to lead and inspire a team are valued attributes for this position. The project work will be multi-disciplinary in nature, but experience in oil & gas is a plus.
- Oversee pursuits, designate the appropriate resources to projects, define client needs, address client concerns and manage engineering resources within budget.
- Lead and participate in technical, cost, and scheduling decisions for interdisciplinary teams ensuring company quality standards and driving customer value
- Nurture and grow client relationships and contracts that include complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Leading, growing and mentoring staff - supporting the achievement of professional career goals.
- Devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Manage all phases of project execution including project organization, subcontractor management, scheduling, financial management, health and safety stewardship, and reporting
- Collaborate on a program of design and construction management projects striving for continuous improvement in process development and execution
- Build relationships on technical and client service teams and within client organizations
- Communicate effectively with internal and external teams of clients and stakeholders
Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years of engineering experience in the civil design, permitting and/or construction of a variety of projects in the energy and infrastructure markets.
- 5+ years of project management experience involving interacting with clients, billing, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Ability to manage projects and tasks across different business units and collaborate in a team setting.
- Demonstrate ability to perform tasks in detail as well as seeing the programs as a whole.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills are required for this role.
- Ability to learn and perform in conjunction with Kleinfelder's Quality Policies by checking work and ensuring that reviews are complete.
- Possess knowledge of permitting requirements and interfacing with state and local agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to actively develop and maintain client relationships.
- Experienced in Business Development activities with a background in utilizing standard tools and information to make tactical course corrections regarding client selection, assignments, targeted opportunities, and proposal efforts.
- Ability to assess and resolve issues and conflicts internally and externally.
Education: B.S. degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering is preferred; or equivalent experience and education.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years of related design/engineering experience and 5 years of project management experience required. Experience in oil & gas is desired, but not required.
Certification/Registration: Professional Engineer is preferred, but not required.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.