Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design, and construction services. With a dedicated staff of over 600 technical and administrative personnel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around our employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century's culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Century's local area operational support teams coordinate and lead! We are looking for a teammate that is interested in providing high level and proactive support to different service lines!
Century Engineering is seeking a talented Entry Level Structural Graduate Engineer to work on challenging and exciting transportation projects in the Mid-Atlantic Region from our Hunt Valley, Maryland office.
The successful candidate will perform engineering tasks in the transportation and structural engineering field through application of relevant design criteria, standards, and processes.
- Develop plan details for new transportation related structures and bridge/culvert maintenance, repair, rehabilitation, and replacement projects using CADD and engineering software
- Prepare structural design calculations in accordance with applicable design standards and agency preferences
- Perform structural analysis of new designs and existing structures (bridges and other transportation structures) using various bridge design software programs
- Prepare construction cost estimates and specifications for various types of transportation projects
- Assist with field condition inspections of transportation related structures including bridges, culverts, and sign support structures
- Occasionally travel to project/client sites to complete tasks or attend meetings
- BSCE from an ABET accredited engineering program
- 0-3 years of relevant design experience in the structural engineering field
- EIT Certification preferred
- Familiarity with AASHTO design specifications a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and MicroStation
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, project managers, supervisors, and other team members
- Ability to perform field work
- Valid driver's license with demonstrated safe driving practices
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any part of this application process, please contact Cent_HR@kleinfelder.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Disabilities/Veterans