Take Your Business Development and Marketing Career to the Next Level
Kleinfelder's business development and marketing professionals help communicate innovative solutions. From identifying opportunities to developing winning strategies, they know how to leverage relationships, build new ones, and collaborate across areas, service lines, and markets. Are you interested in the opportunity to lead large-scale project opportunities? Join Kleinfelder and be part of our dynamic team!
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is seeking a Business Development Manager!
We are excited to present a challenging career opportunity for an accomplished and energetic professional to join our team as a Business Development Manager to help shape Kleinfelder's future in this booming Construction Materials Engineering and Testing, Geotechnical and Environmental Planning and Permitting markets. This experienced professional will foster relationships with clients and teaming partners, work closely with our local operations throughout the Eastern US and will lead the development of client-centric delivery teams that will position us for extraordinary growth into the future.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Drive sales from a select group of targeted clients.
- Understand the clients' business needs and develop innovative, value-added solutions and cost-effective recommendations to exceed client needs.
- Coordinate project delivery and proposal teams with clear and succinct communication as to the client requirements and differentiation strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and teaming partners to provide engineering, construction, and professional consulting services in a trusted advisory role.
- Proactively network with clients, teaming partners, and industry partners to understand the market trends, needs, and future opportunities to create a return on the Investment.
- Maintain awareness of industry economic information and project development information such as interconnection applications within targeted geographic regions.
- Work well in a matrixed work environment, interacting with both business development and operations teams, as well as maintaining close communications with the client to represent their needs effectively.
- Effectively work with our operations teams to write engineering scopes of work (pen to paper) and coordinate appropriate pricing in response to identified opportunities and official requests for proposals.
The Business Development Manager will focus on advancing the relationship with clients in Construction Materials Engineering and Testing, Geotechnical as well the Environmental Planning and Permitting clients with full-service solutions. The CAM will thoroughly understand the client's business needs to develop innovative solutions and sound recommendations to meet their needs.
Skills must include:
- Strong leadership and teamwork
- Knowledge of and experience in the Construction Materials Engineering and Testing, Geotechnical as well the Environmental Planning and Permitting industries
- Technical expertise to assist in proposal writing and pricing
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Pro-active problem solving
- Strong business acumen
- Dedication to safety and regulatory compliance
- 5 or more years of direct client interaction within the Construction Materials Engineering and Testing, Geotechnical as well the Environmental Planning and Permitting industries
- Project management experience and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations preferred
- Experience with supervisory/management experience preferred
- Proven project management experience working closely with clients
- Excellent communication skills, ability to lead project teams and mentor and develop staff
- Knowledge of the Carolinas/Georgia market desired
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Materials Engineering or Construction Management preferred, or equivalent industry experience
- Professional Registration preferred but not required
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.