Take Your Delivery Management Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Environmental team is looking for you! From remediation, and site characterization to chemical data management and hydrogeology, Kleinfelder offers a variety of services designed to provide technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is currently seeking a Staff Professional / Environmental Site Assessment to serve the Carolinas, Georgia and surrounding areas.
Working out of Kleinfelder's Raleigh or Atlanta office and serving the region, the successful candidate will perform environmental due diligence and site investigations / field sampling services. We are seeking a candidate that is motivated, can work independently, has strong technical writing skills, and enjoys working a mix of office and outdoors. The candidate will conduct environmental site work and field sampling that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing and supporting environmental field work / analysis including soil boring logging, sampling, and testing.
- Conducting site visits as part of complex Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs).
- Review and interpret environmental data and analytical laboratory results.
- Prepare technical reports, field reports, and internal / external correspondence.
- Soil boring and monitoring well installation.
- Soil, sediment, surface water, and groundwater screening and sampling.
- Oversight of subcontractors and vendors performing drilling, laboratory analytical services, maintenance, and excavation activities.
- B.S./M.S. degree in engineering, geology, environmental science or hydrogeology.
- 2-4 years of experience in the consulting business with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: environmental engineering, geology, hydrogeology, environmental site assessment, subsurface investigation, and remediation projects.
- Experience with complex Phase I ESAs, subsurface investigations, and remediation process including drilling and environmental multi-media sampling, data interpretation and evaluation, remedial alternatives evaluation and estimating, and report preparation.
- Experience with drilling including soil logging, sample collection and drilling subcontractor management.
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining project budgets.
- Ability to employ loss prevention and quality control systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, positive attitude, and ability to work both independently and within groups.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER health and safety training.
- CADD and GIS experience is preferred.
- The candidate must have an appreciation for the importance of adhering to a safety culture that believes that all accidents are preventable.
- The candidate will be expected to follow written technical procedures and document field activities commensurate with individual project expectations.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.