Take Your Environmental Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Environmental team is looking for you! From environmental planning, permitting, remediation, and site characterization to chemical data management and hydrogeology, Kleinfelder offers a variety of services designed to provide technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Environmental Professional (Geologist)
Kleinfelder is seeking a Staff Geologist to work a variety of projects to benefit our southern California community. One of these projects involves deep-well drilling for purposes of groundwater resourcing and characterization. This role will assist with a variety of public infrastructure projects across southern California.
The candidate for this position will sit in the Los Angeles County area. The Staff Geologist will be expected to provide leadership support to our team and ensure that technical excellence, cost, schedule, and contractual requirements are achieved for assessment and remediation projects. The potential candidate should be able to collaborate and communicate effectively in a team environment and exercise project authority and mentorship over project team members.
Under direct supervision, this individual will grow into either Project Management or Project Technical responsibilities. The person will also be responsible for completing well-defined, assigned field and office tasks including, but not limited to:
- Developing cost proposals, work plans, and execution strategies.
- Providing health and safety support.
- Providing technical support to field staff.
- Task managing and performing field efforts for complex soil, soil-vapor, and groundwater assessment and remediation projects.
- Subcontractor and third-party oversight and management.
- Project planning, scheduling, and resource management.
- Assisting Project Managers with preparation of technical reports and providing quality assurance/quality control of project documents with a focus on compliance with client and regulatory agency processes, procedures, and policies and regulations.
- Leading, mentoring, and supporting the project team with the goal of maximizing performance and efficiency.
- Supporting the project management team with site strategy, budget management, health and safety performance, and client interaction.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- Professional License (Professional Geologist) is required.
- At least 2 - 4 years of related experience demonstrating successful technical execution on multi-disciplinary environmental assessment and remediation projects.
- Experience with logging, coring and well installation. Experience with deep (i.e., >500 feet) wells a plus.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Geology, Engineering, or another related field. Advanced degree(s) preferred.
- Experience in providing leadership to diverse (both technically and geographically) project teams on high-pressure, high-visibility projects.
- OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER training completed and up to date.
- Must have knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental regulatory agency laws, regulations, and permitting requirements.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, and Power Point. Experience with MS Project a plus.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Leadership and strong ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Understanding of project risk management.
- Strong customer service emphasis and solution-oriented delivery.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Health and safety focused.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines.
- Conscientious and detail-oriented with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good judgment and sound decision-making skills.
- Willingness to provide career and technical mentorship.
- Staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- This position is performed in an office and field environment.
- Candidate must pass a medical surveillance that includes drug screening and respiratory function testing in order to operate in respirator-controlled environments.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Up to 70% of time may be dedicated to field activities in varying environmental conditions including inclement weather.
- Some night and weekend work may be required for this position.
- May periodically require travel and stays outside of the greater Los Angeles area.
- Personal vehicle use for travel to / from project site is expected.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Pay Transparency Law. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: $50,081-$83,481.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.