Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design, and construction services. With a dedicated staff of over 600 technical and administrative personnel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around our employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century's culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Century's local area operational support teams coordinate and lead! We are looking for a teammate that is interested in providing high level and proactive support to different service lines!
NXL, a Kleinfelder Company, is a professional Construction Management and Surveying firm specializing in transportation projects. We are currently seeking motivated candidates to fill our full-time Transportation Construction Inspector roles. Work assignments will be in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area.
- Inspect materials used by contractors on highway construction on-site and document compliance with specifications
- Inspect various phases of contractor work to ensure proper highway construction
- Read and interpret construction plans for structures, bridges and roadways with an understanding of construction specifications, engineering tables and reference materials
- Perform tests for specification compliance
- Document pay quantities for current and final estimates
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the transportation construction industry including: paving/asphalt, surveying, traffic signals, flagger/traffic control and road or bridge construction and maintenance
- Familiarity with VDOT Road and Bridge Specifications as well as construction project documentation procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some education/training in civil engineering, construction technology or related field
- Industry and VDOT certifications preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and speak English fluently
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements
- Familiarity with use of PC-based computer systems and/or tablet systems
- Current/valid State Driver's License REQUIRED with acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a fingerprint/background check
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any part of this application process, please contact Cent_HR@kleinfelder.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Disabilities/Veterans