Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 80 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder (Company) is actively seeking a National Water Market Manager to be located near any Company office (location flexible) to drive strategic growth of the business and sale of engineering design, environmental permitting and compliance, and construction management/inspection services to local, state, and Federal water market clients across the United States. This is a senior leadership position within the Company's Operational Management Team and will influence the strategy and growth of Company's Water business across its national footprint. For persons with creative and strategic thinking, this is an attractive opportunity in a profitable mid-size ($600M) growing company to shape the vision for its national Water business.
This position will work with clients, industry peers, teaming partners and Company operational leaders in setting strategy, recruiting key personnel, engaging with key clients, and growing Company's business in the Water market.
- National Stature/Recognition - engagement/leadership in national technical/trade organizations in the water market; recognition among clients, teaming partners, industry, and peers
- Leadership - track record of building business/operations/programs (>$50M annually)
- Strategic - experience in developing and executing growth strategies
- Client Partnership - ongoing engagement with clients in understanding their strategic needs and guiding internal teams to partner with clients to meet such needs, and
- Account Development and Key Pursuits - experience in developing major accounts and mentoring CAMs; ability to prioritize one's time to meaningfully engage in key pursuits
- Anticipate opportunities and trends in the market
- Work with other market leaders in operations to ensure strategic business growth across the national platform
- Develop marketing strategies/plans
- Build strong relationships and interact regularly with clients, teaming partners, industry groups and stakeholders linked to the market
- Serve as an ambassador for Company in the market
- Support and develop Client Account Management teams
- Development and approval of major pursuits and provide oversight of capture plans that align with the business development strategy and technical capabilities
- Draw in technical expertise from across the organization (and external partner network) to support pursuits
- Negotiate favorable contract terms and conditions, and guide achievement of cost of sales, gross margin, backlog, and other related financial and business goals
- Support the identification and mitigation of risks and commercial terms during the pursuit process
- Continuously interact with clients assuring satisfaction with Company services and interacting with project delivery personnel to ensure any service issues are identified and addressed in a proactive manner
- Reinforce collaboration and team building, ensure client focus, demonstrate commitment to excellence and innovation, and motivate others to ensure positive morale and engagement
- Provide input on business development priorities, budget and expenditures for the water market
- Coordinate with Technical Communities of Practice to align skills with market trends and to drive strategic technical leadership hires
- B.S. degree in Engineering or related field required. Master's/MBA degree or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: >5 years of related business development experience, >10 years of professional and project management experience in consulting engineering firm or related service
- Experience at senior management level in a company of similar or larger size required.
- Professional registration
- Superior communication and influencing skills.
- Agile response to fast paced, multi-disciplinary work environment
- Proven Business Development experience in any water infrastructure (water and wastewater treatment, conveyance, storage) with a design consulting firm
- Leadership position in a water-related technical, non-profit or trade association
- Extensive knowledge of local, state, and federal water markets
- Business acumen related to project and company financials and risk management
- Understanding of sales pipeline health, weighted backlog, book-to-burn, backlog growth
This position may require work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19. If that is the case, you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.