Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is currently seeking an Environmental Scientist for their Morrisville (Raleigh) NC office.
The successful candidate will provide environmental support to the Transportation Environmental Compliance group for a variety of clients.
The project work includes:
- Stream and wetland delineations
- Threatened and Endangered species survey support
- Various types of plan and map review
- Technical report writing
- Document review
- Federal and State Environmental Permit submittals
- Office and site meetings
- Active construction site activity compliance reviews
Additional activities may include:
- GIS/CAD/Microstation support
- NEPA/SEPA/CE document review and comment
- Scoping meetings (in field and in office)
- GPS data collection
- Working knowledge of Federal and State Water Quality regulations and State Riparian Buffer program (State of NC specifically)
- Stream & wetland delineation experience
- Experience preparing jurisdictional determination (JD) packages
- NCSAM/NCWAM training preferred
- Ability to analyze, interpret and evaluate information and data
- Demonstrated tolerance for working in adverse weather and other field conditions including insects, poison ivy, venomous snakes, etc.
- Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment provided by Kleinfelder
- Preparation of reports, Preconstruction Notification Applications, meeting minutes, scoping documents
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Bachelor of Science degree in one of the agricultural, biological, natural resource sciences or environmental sciences (or a closely related curriculum) from an appropriately accredited institution
- Minimum of 3-6 years of progressive environmental scientist experience
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.