Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Must have extensive in depth knowledge and experience with CH-TRU waste, including characterization, packaging, processing, and disposal at WIPP.
- Must have knowledge and experience with nuclear materials management, including nuclear and/or radiological facility operations.
- Must have understanding of LLW, MLLW, and hazardous waste requirements.
General Senior Management
- Skill in conducting research, investigating alternative solutions and recommended solutions on problems affecting programs and administration.
- Possess a combination of strong leadership skills, in managing all aspects of CH-TRU operations including both people and facilities.
- Skill and ability to perform critical strategic tasks and to interpret broad strategic requirements and develop and execute plans to satisfy them.
- Ability to contribute functional expertise to Organizational initiatives and communicate effectively.
- Experience in implementing complex projects, including facility upgrades, readiness, and start-up of operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and public speaking skills, with ability to convey information and represent the organization to both internal and external customers to effectively communicate progress, challenges, and mitigations.
- Experience in leadership, management, supervision, and human resources administration of assigned employees.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelors’ degree in a technical discipline combined with at least 18 years’ of relevant experience. Experience should include a minimum of 7 years' of management responsibility. However, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the position’s duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
Develops and manages interpersonal relationships to influence decisions of senior leaders both within and outside of the company
Decisions and recommendations have a significant long-term impact on the division, subsidiary, or corporation and affect the financial, employee or public relations position of the company.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Office and a field work environment normally encountered. Minimal mobility, dexterity, or coordination required to operate common business machines. Maximum lifting required is approximately 40 pounds from floor to three feet in height.
Safety, Security, and Quality
While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives, the Senior Director, Waste Management will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner to include protecting the confidentiality and integrity of Personally Identifiable Information (PII). This role will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety, security and quality an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
Diversity & Inclusiveness
N3B is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
N3B will ensure no applicant for employment or employee is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.