COO responsibilities include formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop and be productive. The candidate should have exposure in the construction industry. Ultimately, you'll help our company profitably grow.
The COO will be a player/coach with the ability to develop direct reports, provide account management, have tactical agility, drive for results, operate with a sense of urgency, build effective teams, all within a safe and collaborative team environment. In addition, the COO will be able to build business relationships and affect win/win negotiations within existing and an expanding customer/general contractor base, with a high degree of integrity and business acumen and relationship building expertise.
Please. Local Candidate in the San Francisco Bay Area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive Operational Performance and improvements to meet or exceed annual Business Plan through proper plan development, organizing, and execution.
- Build/develop effective teams by providing technical/professional advice and knowledge to others.
- Superior customer/GC account management and Business Development.
- Manage all aspects: field workers, contracts, negotiations, estimating and contract execution. (e.g., beginning with estimates, pricing, through scheduling, billing and final punch lists and any warrantee work.)
- Ensures Contractors/Customers are updated regarding schedules and pricing.
- Responsible for complete budget to actual job cost performance, billings - including preparing/reviewing change orders and review with the owner.
- Effectively address and/or resolve general contractor/project/customer issues.
- Promote a safe work culture; office, and field personnel to minimize risk and increase employee safety.
- Responsible for daily Operations including safe production, quality, customer focus and maintaining the integrity and safety of environmental systems.
- Improves annual Business Planning through education of direct reports on Operational and Financial impacting Divisional goals.
- Develop and manage annual business plan under the direction and collaboration with the company CFO and President.
- Provide monthly reporting/feedback to CFO and President on business plan status/progress, sales funnel, and new work order negotiations.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, project proposals and business trends to assist the Executive team in performing their responsibilities.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedure to improve Divisional Operation and effectiveness.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to Operational/Administrative business challenges.
- Actively participate in developing/enhancing Company training programs that provide (CE) continued education, build staff professional development, productivity, bench strength and effective ways to lower attrition.
- Ensure employees have the tools and training to operate safely and federal, state, and local laws concerning safety, environmental and other applicable areas to be adhered to.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- you are resourceful, identify and pursue opportunities, assess, and either develop or adapt solutions to solve dynamic problems.
- Strategist- a planner, big picture thinker, understands and anticipates potential far-reaching implications.
- Player-Coach- you lead from the front and possess the discipline and skills to build your team members as a coach and mentor.
- Transparency- Straight forward/upfront with information, operates with a high degree of business ethics.
- Oversee day-to-day operations. Oversee Project Managers, Detailing, Field installation
- Design strategy and set goals for growth
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses
- Set policies and processes
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Direct the employee assessment process
- Prepare regular reports for our Board
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g., profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors)
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role in commercial construction.
- Significant experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of commercial construction business processes and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Business or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- General Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Construction management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Finish Construction, section 8 experiences a must
- Computer Skills- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook as well as experience with ERP systems.
- Communication- Excellent oral and written communication and strong organizational skills including a high degree of attention to detail required.
Work Location: One location