San Jose, CA, Posted: 1/6/2023
The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing construction projects in their entirety. The role requires familiarity with all aspects of commercial door projects, coordinating material purchases and planning installation labor for a successful project. This is a full time direct hire opportunity.
- Once a project is awarded, understand the scope of the project, job schedule and material lead times. Review the contract for accuracy against the bid proposal. Resolve any discrepancies before contract is signed. Obtain the blueprints and specification book.
- Coordinate set up of job with accounting to obtain the job folder and job number. Give the letter of intent or contract to accounting. Review the contract for billing specifications such as insurance, bonding requirements and schedule of values. A schedule of values, if required, must be done before a job number will be given.
- Review the job with the Detailer and establish a date when submittals are needed. Coordinate and order any samples to be approved. Once submittals are returned from the Detailer, review for accuracy. Once submittals are returned from the architect, follow up and correct any redlines or corrections. In addition, follow the submittal process to be sure approved submittals are returned from the architect in a timely manner so that material lead times can be met.
- Review the scope of the project with Purchasing. Give purchasing your budget costs for the project. Must work within the Purchasing schedule to order and coordinate all material to meet the project deadline.
- Manage all changes created from the original scope of the project. All changes to the contract must be approved in writing before proceeding. Copies of these changes must be given to accounting in order that the customer/contractor is billed appropriately. All quotes must be logged into the contract set up sheet in the job folder.
- Attend all Thursday production meetings with our job superintendent. Be prepared to discuss all current jobs and their installation schedule. Provide our superintendent with Field Work Order, plans and schedule of the job at least 2 days before installation is scheduled.
- Follow up on any paperwork needed for job close out. Coordinate warranty information with accounting. Job folders must be punched and in neat, chronological order. Turn in job folders to accounting once job has been completed.
- Throw out old plans and specifications once job has been appropriately completed and no longer needed.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in project management in a commercial construction specialty subcontractor
- Working knowledge of construction contracts, change orders and submittals, ability to read construction plans and specifications, advanced understanding of construction project sequencing
- Adept at Microsoft Office suite, project management and related software applications
- Ability to multitask, collaborate and lead cross-functional teams to meet tight deadlines and budgets, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Detail oriented, well organized, advanced time management skills, able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective team player, strong work ethic
Local Candidates Only
Work Status: US Citizen or Green Card
Already have an account? Log in here