Manage all aspects of customer relationship with a group of suppliers. Manage, coach and develop a team of Assistant Directors and Commodity Managers responsible for:
Strategic Supply Base Management:
- Supplier Negotiations: Cover all aspects of supplier negotiation from piece price to the development and implementation of formalized contracts (e.g. Long Term Agreements). Provide negotiations leadership.
- Supplier Selection: Engage with engineering / program management & others to establish requirements with respect to product cost, technology, delivery, customer service, aftermarket support, logistics and quality. Oversee market tests, with participation from new suppliers and leveraged selection decisions utilizing six-sigma methodologies.
- Supplier Performance Management: manage ongoing supplier performance in a cross-functional team, evaluate supplier performance and propose / take corrective actions.
- Supplier Resourcing: Move business proactively as the need arises to strengthen the supply chain. Provide project management and leadership oversight.
- Commodity Strategies: Develop and implement coherent commodity strategies aligned with global purchasing colleagues.
- Risk Management: Be alert for impending market or industry changes, be commercially astute to foresee potential risks and put in place mitigation strategies.
- Cost Reduction Plans: Develop and implement plans to achieve Purchasing goals.
- Material Cost Excellence: Utilize the toolkit to identify and implement creative cost reduction opportunities.
- Continuous Improvement: Use a six-sigma / lean approach to drive for continuous improvement in the supply chain and associated processes for cost reduction implementation.
- Performance Management: Lead, manage, develop and coach employees within department.
- Talent Acquisition: Identify new talent via an internal / external network to strengthen the purchasing team.