Direct Hire/ Placements
The Cost Accountant is responsible for analyzing and improving processes, helping reduce costs and increasing efficiencies. The Cost Accountant is proficient in his/her field and has SAP experience, and will help the company achieve its financial goals and objectives.
This role will encompass all aspects of cost accounting, but will not be limited to the standard. This position requires a candidate with sound experience and the ability to utilize the appropriate functions in SAP to initiate, develop and maintain the standard costing system.
The Cost Accountant will report to the CFO.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform all plant costing functions, including but not limited to new product costing, current cost analysis and reporting.
· Monitor all variance accounts, determine root cause and take necessary and appropriate actions to correct.
· Look at and refine costing methodologies.
· Supports the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans, in both Euro and US Dollars.
· Analyzes variances actual to plan/forecast, recommending corrective actions.
· Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
· Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends as needed.
· Develop and maintain a cost analysis system using standard costing, reporting variances on a monthly basis.
· Analyze GR/IR Accounts.
· Maintain asset register in SAP/Excel (WBS element in SAP from 2016).
· Perform BOM audits, ensuring the integrity of all products costing.
· Calculate overhead allocations at product level.
· Calculate direct personnel cost at product level.
· Calculate machine and equipment rates at product level.
· Prepare reports for material usage.
· Prepare PDCC monthly report.
· Report and monitor inventory monthly.
· Produce GR/IR reports for plant review on a monthly basis.
· Produce stock reports by site on a monthly basis.
· Set up new cost centers/profit centers in SAP in accordance with agreed plant structure.
· Provide support to ensure the accuracy of cost center allocations.
· Reconcile intercompany material purchase accounts.
· Complies with Federal, State and Local legal and statutory requirements.
· Completes operational requirements.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; re-viewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Prepare any other necessary and appropriate reporting documentation as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Manufacturing Cost Accounting experience.
· Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office applications.
· SAP and/or similar systems experience (including implementation).
· Ability to understand and work with Euro/U.S. Dollar conversions.
· Possess good verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively both with financial and non-financial stakeholders.
· Excellent problem-solving ability.
· Leader that proactively presents prospective solutions with a confident approach.
· Encourages collaboration and takes direction well.
· Willingness to share information but can differentiate when the need of confidentiality is required.
· Highly-organized, detail oriented individual with exceptional follow-through commitment.
· Self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple projects and tight deadlines.
· Flexible and can adapt easily to a dynamic work environment with new growth and expansion needs.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a work group or team.
· Maximizes return, and limits risk.
Credentials and Experience:
· 5 years manufacturing accounting experience in increasingly complex roles (OEM preferred).
· Experience in manufacturing settings.