Human Resource Manager is responsible for managing the Human Resources Department activities and Human Resources Department employee(s) while designing and implementing human resources programs to achieve and support company objectives for talent acquisition, compensation, health and welfare benefits, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention. The HR Manager implements, advises and maintains disciplinary processes and manages payroll and benefits within federal, state and/or local regulations while ensuring the accuracy and consistency of transactions. The HR Manager motivates employees and utilizes resources to achieve objectives while adhering to safety, quality, and operational efficiency requirements. The HR Manager supports and communicates strategic objectives and initiatives of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Proactively ensures the safety and well-being of employees, vendors and visitors.
* Objectively applies all company policies, programs, rules, regulations and safety rules in support of achieving departmental, plant and corporate goals for safety, quality and productivity.
* Manages payroll function to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing.
* Develops, and implements, recruiting strategies to achieve staffing objectives.
* Develops, recommends, updates and implements personnel policies and procedures.
* Creates and maintains job descriptions.
* Performs benefits administration including change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness.
* Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
* Prepares and files annual reports including EEO-1, OSHA 300, Form 5500 and maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to regulations.
* Supports operating units by developing solutions and recommending potential actions.
* Coaches and counsels managers and employees.
* Collects, interprets and reports data to internal and external stakeholders.
* Protects organization by complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
* Models effective work habits by leading by example.
* Maintains a positive and optimistic outlook.
* Effectively interacts with internal customers and external contacts including team members, customers, and suppliers while maintaining high level of confidentiality.
* Develops, participates, supports and contributes to motivation & incentive activities including celebrations and holiday programs.