Business Process Expert
This section describes the overall purpose of the role, why it exists and how it adds value to the business. It is a summary list of up to six statements for key result areas where the role holder will have decision making responsibility.
· Business Process Consultant (BPC) acts as the Subject Matter Expert for the Production and Cross Functional processes (within Production and Supply, especially Logistics), spanning linkages within other P&S subfunctions and Commercial.
· Process guardian for Production and P&S cross functional processes: Supports development, improves and sustains these processes within Production and across P&S (as relevant). Design and optimize business processes and Supply Chain solutions and promotes global practices.
· Combines Production and cross functional process, functional and system expertise (Systems including SAP and Production specific systems, like serialization/ track and trace, Toller connectivity etc.), including a detail understanding of required master data
· Support and provide expertise to key users. Support business process change projects and translate process requirements into functional requirements
· Executes blueprint that streamlines business processes and drives production operations (including Tolling), standardization of SAP ERP and Systems including SAP and Supply Chain Management systems
· Lead and support the definition of accurate & sustainable Master data in SAP and allied systems, across production and supply along with key and relevant metrics
· Change Agent or Business Lead role in re-engineering production and P&S cross functional process, performing project progress reporting
· Be a trusted, recognized partner through building strong relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. Key users, IT, other CoE and country P&S Production and Tolling teams)
· Interface across Global Business Process Owners, Regional P&S Center of Expertise (CoE) and Regional IT
· Collaborate with Global Business Process Consultants and provide a regional view and also support the delivery of global projects within the region
· Provide process leadership and expertise in order to assess, analyze and recommend initiatives for improving regional business performance
· Support region in scoping, definition and resourcing of Production and Cross Functional projects to assure delivery and alignment on blueprint design
· Educate, and build process knowledge across the business community in the country and region
· Keep track on the latest industry trends for business process management and technology for the functional area
This is a summary list of 6-8 statements for key result areas. These accountabilities should normally be ongoing, and unlikely to change significantly from year to year. The focus should be on results rather than activities. When completing the role accountabilities you should: Use action verbs (e.g. ensure, provide, execute, manage, design, and translate); Provide a broad indication of the performance levels required (e.g. effectively, accurately, in line with defined standards); Ensure the accountabilities relate clearly to this role; Give an indication on freedom to act (e.g. independently, under supervision) and interdependencies with other roles.
· This role acts as a delegate to BPO responsible for implementing Production (including Tolling) and P&S cross functional policies and processes to safeguard adherence to the design intent. Ensures these processes are fit for purpose and meet the requirements of the P&S strategy.
· As regional DA, this role has an important role in proactively guiding change projects in the right direction from the beginning
· Implementing and embedding global policies and critical processes e.g. Global Product Digitalization, Quality Management, Manufacturing Execution System, Toller connectivity and Other special scenarios
· Work with Global & Regional team to drive standardization of Production and P&S cross functional business processes
· Acts as Change Agent (or Business Lead) during change projects and support the early idea and design phases
· Coach and develop functional Users. Possess capability to adopt to the changing environment and business opportunities
· Collaborate with other Subject Matter Experts, including other global and regional BPCs to ensure effectiveness of Production and P&S cross functional processes
· Drive standard ways of working and Continuous Improvement: Lead small to medium impact improvement initiatives working with teams to shape, manage, implement and sustain improvements ensuring delivery on time, to target and within budget
· Effectively manage key interfaces (e.g. to Regional Production and Tolling teams, Production/ Tolling team and other P&S sub functions, functional CoEs, CI Teams, IT Teams etc.) Interact with key stakeholders; these will include operation teams, solution delivery partners, subject matter experts, and the process governance.
· Provide process expertise to prioritize project ideas, build business use cases with benefits and support the early phases of projects before handing over to Project Manager
· Build and maintain a viable and productive key user network within function
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
This section is intended to capture the critical capabilities which the role-holder needs to perform the role effectively from the outset. These are both technical and non-technical in nature. You should focus on the role needs rather than capabilities of the present role incumbent.
This concerns the 'know-how' to perform the role, which may have been gained through academic study (degree, education, and certificates), business qualifications, or on-the-job experience. Specify the type of knowledge required (e.g. of specific functional knowledge, particular systems or processes and to what level), not the know-how of the incumbent.
· Bachelor / Master degree in Production/ Operations/ Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or other equivalent qualification
· Expertise in business process management (process design, optimisation, monitoring, governance)
· Knowledge and Experience of track and trace systems and processes is key added advantage
· Knowledge of Project and Program Management. Certifications are an advantage (e.g. AGILE, PMI, MSP etc.)
· Good understanding about change management – Agile, ChangeFirst PCI practitioner is an advantage
· Sound knowledge about key logistics processes like Manufacturing Operations, Supplier Management, Mfg Execution Systems etc.
This concerns the type and minimum length of relevant experience required to effectively perform the role. This includes experience/familiarity with particular processes or systems, dealing with certain products or services, and/or the experience of dealing with others - both internally and externally.
· Minimum 5 years of broad cross-functional experience in supply chain ideally in agro-chemical or closely related industry
· Management of senior stakeholders, confident in constructively challenging expectations when required
· Experience of working in a complex matrix organisation and multicultural environment
· Experience in continuous improvement, operational excellence, Agile and Six Sigma are a plus
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
This concerns the technical, professional or personal capabilities that are required to perform the role effectively. These may be very specific technical skills relating to the nature of the work (e.g. project Logistics), language skills and personal skills specific for the role (e.g. the ability to assess and resolve problems and conflicts, the ability to influence and gain support, the ability to quickly learn and apply new skills, the ability to handle pressure, etc.)
· Analytical and strategic thinker, Problem solving ability, attention to details
· Ability to effectively perform all duties of the Business Process Consultant
· Pro-active team player / knowledge sharer / open and transparent
· Influencing others through change with no direct line management accountability
· Result oriented, self-motivated / directed
· Mastery in using Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, excel, etc.)
· Fluency in English – other Asian languages will be a major advantage
· Ability to work across networks, and with remote locations
· Excellent presentation skills
· APICS certification: CLTD (preferred)
· Operational Excellence or Agile Practitioner
Critical leadership competencies
This section captures the leadership capabilities you would expect to be displayed by the role holder in approaching the demands of the role. Please consult the Leadership Model at the end of this document and specify the 3 - 5 most important capabilities for the role.
· Judgment: Analyses information, guidelines, and requirements from different sources to evaluate alternatives and make effective judgments. Draws accurate, useful conclusions from financial, business, and quantitative information. Makes timely and sound decisions on everyday issues and problems by applying accurate logic, appropriate knowledge, expertise, and common sense.
· Collaboration: Fosters a sense of collaboration and works effectively with others across the organization to achieve goals. Facilitates interaction of co-workers and external partners. Creates an environment for honest and open discussion of issues. Leads change and holds ambiguity.
· Establish trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through principled leadership, sound business ethics, authenticity, and follow-through on commitments. Establishes open, candid, trusting relationships; treats all individuals fairly and with respect; maintains high standards of integrity.