Database Admin, Architect, Model
Salt Lake City, UT Posted: 9/3/2020
Database Admin, Architect, Model
Stefanini is looking for a Database Administrator in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Perform Database Administration Operational Support activities as part of the Firm’s Technology Services Operations Team.
- Provide production support for Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise, Sybase IQ, UDB DB2, Sybase Replication, UDB DB2 SQL Rep and Q Replication, Paraccel, Postgres, Hadoop, MSSQL, Mongo DB, Oracle database infrastructure globally.
- Support the following hardware: Sun v240/440/4800/420r, Dell r610/710, HP 385/585/480 Blades
- Administer and maintain an existing local / global Database infrastructure including implementation, operational support, and periodic upgrades of all infrastructure Database servers.
- Continually evaluate the operations of the environment and assist in the optimization and delivery of server infrastructure
- Schedule maintenance jobs using Autosys
- Perform root cause analysis on system failures and incidents and provide remediation solutions.
- Communicate and coordinate with application support and other IT support teams to provide timely responses for critical requests.
- Perform daily monitoring of Database infrastructure for Healthcheck, Application and Replication Alerts.
- Responsible for Provisioning activities, User requests and Resolution alerts.
- Involves in Business Continuity plan tests across all regions related to Database infrastructure...
- Adhere to company change management requirements and procedures.
- Create policies and procedures for regular operational activities.
- Manage small project initiatives within the Database team across large portions of the enterprise including datacenter migrations and End Of life Database software’s and hardware’s.
- Organize Database Trainings locally and globally for Database Team.
- Perform basic file system administration tasks including expansion and device carving using native Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6 multipath utilities
Must have Five (5) years of experience with: -- review the numbers for prod systems
- Supporting the following platforms: Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3/4/5/6 and Sun Solaris 5.8/10
- Strong experience in UDB/DB2 database administration, maintenance and implementation in a complex system environment
- Extensive exposure to DB2 Replication including SQL Rep and Q replication.
- Strong knowledge DB2 HADR ( High Availability Disaster Recovery )
- Strong knowledge of DB2 Version upgrades and DB2 Builds.
- Strong knowledge of DB2 Transportable Tablespaces.
- DB2 Database design, development and maintenance.
- Automation skills utilizing scripting languages, including ksh or bash and either python or perl
- Ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment that includes a global focus
- Strong team player, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented and highly flexible.
- Strong working knowledge on DBA tasks, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- IT Experience with Solid understanding of Banking, Retail, healthcare and Insurance domains and its processes
Nice to have two (2) years of experience with:
- Database Platform: Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, Sybase Replication.
- Performing trend / gap analysis and provide recommendations to address risk.
- Replication Setup for Table level, warm standby & MSA, understanding and managing routes and heterogeneous replication.
- Strong experience in Sybase database administration, maintenance and implementation in a complex and large 2000+ Database systems environment.
- Strong Sybase Replication experience (Replication Server 15.x, 12.x) and knowledge on Distributed Database Management System
Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field.
Already have an account? Log in here