Major Incident Manager (Remote to start)
Richmond, VA Posted: 10/20/2020
Stefanini Group is hiring for a Major Incident Manager!
The role is responsible for the execution of the Major Incident Management process. This includes facilitation of technical and application recovery bridges, documenting recovery timelines, and communicating with all levels of leadership. Successful Major Incident Managers thrive on challenge, are calm under pressure, and can think on their feet.
Must be flexible on the work shift. They have 4 shifts: Front half of week - day and night, Back half of week - day and night. 4 10-hour day, 3 12-hour day. 6am to 6pm
Accountabilities to include:
- Provide focus, direction, and create a controlled environment for swift recovery.
- Be the obvious individual on the bridge that participants will seek for updates, guidance, questions, and other critical facilitation needs.
- Capture good incident documentation and deliver quality communications along with balancing a high attention to detail, excellent people skills and perseverance in a fast-paced environment.
- Assess priority for major incidents with support teams and senior IT/Business Leadership
- Ensure required participants and on the bridge
- When you aren"t managing a critical incident, you"ll maintain excellent situational awareness by utilizing tools and communication channels to be on guard for potential new incidents on the rise.
- Consulted for Major Incident debriefs with Problem Management team
- Service Now - primary tool
- Hive/AION (Internal Incident Management tools)
- Communication skills - collaboration happens. Folks are constantly conversing to each other.
- Self-motivated. Proactive.
- Team work - work with team, collaborate with teams - key. Getting things done and building relationships.
Top Tech skills:
- Major Incident Management experience
- Troubleshooting skills
- AWS Cloud - exposure and knowledge on concepts. Need to be able to hold a conceptual conversation on what cloud technology is
- Agile / Scrum
- Bachelor"s degree in IT or related professional experience in field
- 5-7 years experience in Information Technology with direct experience with incident response, major incident management
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively and clearly communicate complex scenarios to non-technical colleagues.
- Strong ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks during time critical and high pressure situations
- Excellent time management, communication, and emotional intelligence skills
- Strong analytical skills to support the synthesis of knowledge and information out of abstract and varying types of data points
Exciting opportunity awaits! Let us help you get started. Click the apply button below or call us at (248) 936-0649 for faster processing. Thank you!
Already have an account? Log in here