Data Analytics Consultant
Richmond, VA Posted: 10/26/2020
Stefanini is looking for a Data Engineer in Richmond, VA
Stefanini is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to support Open Source and Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) data analytics software products and the end users who are proficient on a broad range of data analytics and business intelligence tools. The individual must be experienced in the system development life cycle (SDLC), especially change management processes and procedures. The team follows a 'Scrumban' methodology requiring the individual to have hands-on experience with Agile processes and practices. The individual should have experience working with remote, matrixed teams. The individual is responsible for delivering a production-grade experience in a complex, integrated, analytics computing environment through SDLC best practices, including detailed technical design, development, testing, and evaluating automation used to provide analytics solutions. This includes the ability to interpret requirements and work with the customer to clarify requirements, as well as working with common application designs and specifications.
- Serve as intermediate or senior staff specialist providing assistance and direction to economists and quantitative analysts creating analytics and HPC code to run in a Linux environment.
- Responsible for Tier 1 and 2 software support, including technical advice, guidance and informal training to customers using hardware and software programs.
- Troubleshoots and restores routine technical service and equipment problems by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures.
- Builds strong relationships with business staff and advocates for the benefits of HPC and Big Data tools to optimize existing analytical efforts.
- Partners with internal business owners, technical team members, and senior management to assist and support the design, development, and implementation of analytics code to meet mission-critical business objectives and inform executive decision-making.
- Creates Splunk dashboards to demonstrate application usage, server status, and provide other insights into the health of analytics resources.
- Assists in recommending and implementing software and configuration changes needed to effectively leverage HPC to meet business needs.
- Assist in recommending and implementing software and configuration changes needed to effectively to meet business needs.
- Assists where necessary with business process redesign to take advantage of the efficiencies offered by automation.
- Assists in implementing software packages needed to meet FISMA and CMMI standards.
- Researches, recommends and writes processes and procedures to meet FISMA and CMMI standards.
- Recommends process improvements and changes in development, maintenance and standards.
- 5 to 9+ years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor"s degree or equivalent experience, Scientific or Computer Science degree preferred.
- Excellent analytical ability and technical skills, as well as the ability to provide innovative solutions to technical needs and business requirements.
- Ability to accurately assess impact, urgency, and priority of competing end user requests for assistance, and manage support activities accordingly.
- Ability to anticipate typical follow up questions and provide direction and answers proactively.
- Experience with following up on open issues, seeing an issue all the way to resolution, and ensuring the customer is satisfied with the resolution.
- Ability to relate highly technical information into non-technical concepts.
- Experience working with Project Management and SDLC artifacts.
- Experience with Linux OS including command line and Bash scripts.
- Experience with data analytics tools including Python, R, etc.
- Experience working with the version control systems, e.g., GitLab.
- Experience with network authentication protocols and services highly desirable.
- Experience working with Hadoop and other Big Data tools highly desirable.
- Experience creating dashboards and visualizations in Splunk preferred.
- Experience with SQL Server queries and connectivity preferred.
- Experience with Jira, TFS or similar issue tracking software preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum-based environment preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels of the organization, and especially handling frustrated end users requesting technical assistance.
- Self-motivated to understand existing platform capabilities and work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of collaboration and ability to communicate with Linux system administrators for open source and COTS product integration.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and/or computational background preferred.
- Position requires continuous visual concentration and manual dexterity to operate PC.
- Requires prolonged sitting and minimal standing/walking.
- Minor lifting and carrying, not likely to exceed ten pounds.
- May require extended work hours and/or schedule flexibility as unexpected situations and/or workflow dictate.
- Occasional domestic travel including overnight stays may be necessary.
Already have an account? Log in here