EMEA GL Accountant is responsible with high-end accounting transactions, reconciliations, correlations and reasonability analysis on various EMEA countries in Stefanini. The person has full visibility over the financial statements of EMEA countries and actively participates in internal and external audits.
The role has international exposure and cross-departmental collaboration, requiring deeply understanding of business activity and processes, high visibility with finance and company management.
A. Responsible for introducing accounting notes into the accounting program. The responsibility is for the following areas, without being limited to these:
- Record cash entries (fees, direct debits payment, ICO loans, etc), transactions outside AP/ AR postings;
- Reconciliation of bank statements;
- Review of journals and reconciliations produced by shared services transactions team;
- Intercompany transactions - computation of the amounts to be invoiced, preparation of back-ups, communication with the other accounting specialist from Finance, compute and book accruals;
- Payroll, payroll taxes and payroll related expenses (benefits, commissions, medical insurances, etc.) ledgers;
- Run the fixed asset register and book monthly depreciation;
- Reconciliations for the balance sheet accounts responsible;
B. Analyze, check and prepare accounting records;
C. Ensure accuracy of all the daily transactions posted in the system;
D. Prepare various monthly trend and reasonability analysis;
E. Offer support during yearly audits;
F. Prepare ad-hoc reports up-on request
Required Technical Competencies:
· Mandatory Local accounting, fiscal and accounting principles and legislations, accounting software programs, email systems, Windows applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows); Internet Explorer;
· Advantage: Knowledge of IFRS, ERP Psoft (Oracle) system.
Required Core Competences:
· Organizational sensitivity: understands the formal structure of Stefanini, its culture and business/technology environment, its brand and people values, aligns actions and behavior with the company needs and priorities;
· Results orientation: focuses on the delivery of targets, quality and deadlines;
· Judgment: develops alternative courses of action and makes decisions based on logical assumptions and which reflect factual information;
· Behavioral flexibility: has the willingness to accept changes and the ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment and within a variety of dynamic work situations;
· Tolerance for Stress: maintains control and performance in stressful situations; stays calm when problems arise, avoids letting day-to-day pressure get him/her down, does not take rejection personally, stays positive, puts problems behind once solved;
· Self-starter: act in a proactive way in anticipating issue and go beyond what is expected from him, shows confidence and believes in his/her own capacity to achieve results and tackle problems;
· Ethics and Integrity: 'walks the talk', abides by business conduct guidelines and ethics; deals appropriately with confidential data;
· Respect for the individual: demonstrate respectful behavior to other team members and external partner;
· Works Standards - Excellence: sets high goals or standards of performance for himself and the organization. Is dissatisfied with average performance;
· Exploring: appraises own strengths and weaknesses; has the willingness to develop his/her own skills, knowledge and behavior through on-the-job experiences and feedback from others.