As a member of Aerie's finance team, the Accountant will play a key role in the Company's internal financial processing and control, primarily responsible for the ERP integrations, accounts payable, general ledger and employee reimbursement accounting functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage new ERP system initiatives and reporting
- Develop new treasury controls, processes and integrations
- Record classify and support integration activities related to treasury processes
- Record classify and support integration of accounting processes, including involvement in the implementation of revenue and cost of sales transactions.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with all accounting control policies and procedures
- Maintain control of the Accounts Payable processing, vendor payments and reporting
- Support ongoing integrations and reconciliations related to employee reimbursement processes
- Independently reconciles related Accounts Payable and Accrued accounts
- Coordination, preparation, review and analysis of journal entries supporting revenue, inventory, cost of sales and research expenses.
- Maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts and supporting analyses
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and other monthly close activities
- Assist in the preparation of operating expense and balance sheet statements and other accounting analyses
- Interpret reports and records for cost center managers
- Perform research and analysis of accounting data
- Complete special projects, as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience; at least Min 5 years of experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKJLLS & ABILITIES:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Demonstrated computer literacy/ knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) computer software and ERP Software.
INTERPERSONAL & TEAM SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal (communications, conflict management, negotiation) and facilitation skills for working with diverse populations and management styles across functional groups.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Adaptable to changing business and organizational demands and priorities.
- Must have the ability to work at a fast pace and handle multiple tasks, and work with interruptions.
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned with this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard physical demands; sitting at desk, working at computer.
Work Environment Standard office environment
Aerie is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Aerie Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer