Inspiration, imagination, and innovation. Here at Aerie Pharmaceuticals, we share this passion for finding new approaches to protecting vision. United by great science, deep clinical insight, and a singular focus on your ophthalmic needs, we see the possibilities ahead and invite you to join us in creating the future of eye care.
We are currently seeking a Facilities & IT Specialist to join our team in Bedminster, New Jersey.
The Facilities & IT Specialist is responsible for coordinating the overall daily operations of the New Jersey Facility under the general supervision of the Director of Facilities. Responsibilities include vendor and service provider management and interaction, security systems and access badge administration, and occasional basic repairs, improvements, maintenance, and other small physical tasks, as well as safety monitoring. This position will also work closely with the IT staff and provide support with computer services as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the security access system; add/remove users from the system as needed and thoroughly document changes, as well as provide and revoke access badges
- Provide front desk support, and security for visitor check in
- Accept deliveries when needed
- Assists the Director of Facilities in local or remote project implementation
- Coordinate with building management to ensure the facility is clean and secure at all times
- Perform periodic reviews of safety equipment including fire extinguishers, and AED units.
- Provide support for visitors
- Maintain facility costs savings by personally completing certain facility-related jobs that would otherwise require outsourcing
- Assists the Director of Facilities in construction project management for new projects
- Will be responsible for managing facilities budget for this facility
- Coordinate with building personnel and manage facility vendors as needed (e.g. kitchen, janitorial, HVAC and maintenance vendors, for scheduling, etc.)
- Must be able to work long hours.
Essential IT Responsibilities:
- Respond promptly to technical support requests via phone, website, email or in person and provide timely resolution
- Provides day-to-day technical support to employees for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a heterogeneous environment.
- Perform installations, configurations, and relocations of computers, peripherals, printers, phones, and cables
- Document system administration processes and procedures and create user guides and presentations
- Thoroughly document all incidents and changes in web-based help desk system and maintain and utilize a knowledge base of solutions, best practices, procedures, and end user guides
- Perform new computer setups, OS and software installations, reimaging, user profile creation and setup and driver, firmware, and software updates, minor hardware repairs and replacements
- Share with team the responsibility to respond promptly to tier 1 – 3 technical support requests via phone, website, email or in person and provide timely resolution
- Contribute to the IT security program by periodically reviewing various logs, accounts, anti-virus, software and OS version reports and participating in quarterly assessments of security controls
- Maintain local physical asset inventory and along with the team the company-wide inventory database of all hardware and software licenses
- Maintain functionality of local and networked printers
- Perform installations, configurations, and relocations of computers, docks, monitors, printers, phones, and cables
- Ship and receive laptops and other IT assets to and from other sites inclusive of international locations
Key Skills/Desired Experience
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and knowledge of basic network concepts including TCP/IP, LDAP, SSL, IIS, VPN, SAN, NAS, Active Directory, DNS, and DCHP
- Windows operating system installation and support
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working with both local and remote based staff
- Ability to install/build desktop hardware and install OS using image and non-image solutions
- Must have demonstrated effectiveness as a hands-on, results-oriented person who is willing and able to work on a wide range of activities
- Comfortable juggling multiple concurrent issues
- Must be a goal-driven team player with solid organizational skills and a keen attention to detail
- Must have excellent inter-personal communication and strong analytical, diagnostic and technical resolution skills
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Personal and professional attributes must include high ethical and professional standards, honesty, integrity, self-motivation, adaptability, and dependability.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Proficiency with CAD and understanding blueprints and construction drawings preferred
- 2+ years IT systems experience
- At least one year experience in Facilities Maintenance/Coordination
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities
- Planning/organizing and problem solving skills
- High degree of technical expertise, sound professional and technical judgment, and a commitment to exceptional customer service and teamwork.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills along with sound business acumen that includes a focus on quality, cost containment, and project planning and follow-through.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard physical demands; sitting at desk, running cables under desks and behind furniture, lifting and carrying printers, monitors and other hardware, working at computer.
- Standard physical demands of maintaining a facility; climbing ladders, painting, wiring, using hands to operate tools, crouching, kneeling, standing.
- Standard office and lab environment.
Aerie Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.