The Facilities & Metrology Technician provides maintenance and technical support to the site and to manufacturing across the full range of site facilities and utilities. The role involves developing preventative maintenance (PM) routines, completing PMs on time in addition to reacting to problems that may disrupt manufacturing activity.
Also, co-ordinates support for instrumentation on site.
The role also plays a significant role in ensuring all utility and equipment related documentation meets the cGMP standards expected.
Essential Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
· Works with manufacturing and quality colleagues as part of an Operations team whose shared goal is to realise the safety, quality, delivery and cost objectives of the site.
· Prioritises safety and is diligent in the use of all appropriate safety tools and permits when maintaining equipment – champions safe working always.
· Operates and maintains site black and clean utility systems including WFI, clean steam, HVAC, process air, boilers, compressors, etc.
· Uses structured problem solving in the event of equipment failure and documents all equipment interventions as required by the maintenance system.
· Prepare preventative maintenance (PM) routines with other technical colleagues to minimise the risk of machine failure or equipment related deviations.
· Completes PM routines on time.
· Supports Quality Control personnel in sampling of clean utilities and supports investigations into any out of trend results.
· Is diligent in the completion and review of maintenance and related documentation required to meet GMP requirements of a sterile manufacturing site.
· Participates in and can lead continuous improvement teams. Proposes improvement ideas.
· Builds relationships with external equipment suppliers and service partners and coordinates service visits.
· Supports capital projects throughout equipment lifecycle and supports process development projects and associated validation activities.
· Reports accurately on all equipment downtimes to build history of equipment performance.
· Monitors site energy usage and reports on same.