Inspiration, imagination, and innovation. Here at Aerie Pharmaceuticals, we share this passion for finding new approaches to protecting vision. United by great science, deep clinical insight, and a singular focus on your ophthalmic needs, we see the possibilities ahead and invite you to join us in creating the future of eye care.
We are currently seeking Two - Managers, Compliance to join our team in Irvine, California or Bedminster, New Jersey, or Durham, North Carolina
Reporting to the Senior Corporate Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, the Manager, Compliance will be responsible for the execution of day-to-day Transparency program activities, including but not limited to Governance and Compliance, Spend Data Capture, Certification and Submission, Inquiries and Dispute Resolution, Training, Communications, Monitoring, Auditing and Data Analytics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Governance and Compliance:
- Summarize new and amended health care compliance and privacy legislation and document the impact to Aerie. Update the business process documentation as necessary.
- Contribute to annual Compliance Work Plan development and implementation and contribute to ongoing continuous improvement.
- Enhance training curriculum for colleagues and third parties on health care and privacy policies, including their practical application to the respective audience including new hire onboarding and third party reporting.
- Retain and archive all training logs.
- Create and implement effective training on areas that are discovered in the audit process that need to be remediated.
- Draft additional policies, procedures and training materials as required.
- Draft company wide and region specific communications/updates on health care compliance and privacy issues.
- Provide reports to Chief Compliance Officer on a regular basis.
- Monitoring, Auditing and Data Analytics Monitoring:
- Assess departmental and third party activities with respect to health care compliance and privacy requirements.
- Provide reports on all training activities including overall testing results.
- Monitor/Assess compliance of programs
- Monitor data feeds, communicate issues/findings to Chief Compliance Officer and assist with notifying business units.
- Conduct monitoring for source-system and behavioral issues, conduct root cause analyses and escalate issues appropriately for remediation.
- Reports on compliance and privacy metrics.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Assists Data Privacy Lead on ongoing privacy impact assessments (DPIA/PIA).
- Audits third party personal information sharing process.
- Assists with data subject access rights requests.
- Works with IT to implement global information security controls and metrics.
- Monitors and audits global transparency and privacy reporting.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Dedication—the individual should be committed to achieving superior results under demanding time frames while keeping a positive attitude and focusing on being solutions oriented.
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully, while demonstrating integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Judgment—the individual displays initiative and willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual multi-tasks, prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Integrity—the individual possesses high ethical standards and expects the same from all others in the organization
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of compliance, finance, internal audit, accounting or other applicable business function demonstrating data analytical skills/cost accounting in the health care industry.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in producing transparency reports and working with aggregate spend data reporting systems on a state, federal and international basis (e.g. Open Payments, EFPIA, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of transfers of value (both direct and in-direct).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage internal and external teams.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard office environment. Multiple floors with elevators and stairs.
Aerie Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.