Human Resources Employment Generalist
Weymouth, MA Posted: 12/7/2017
BHI Energy is looking for a HR Employment Generalist to perform Human Resources activities to support the hiring of 5000+ professionals a year, work closely with Recruiters and Operations team who screen, recruit, interview, and place workers. Human resource employment generalist will be responsible for Job Descriptions, Offer Letters, Employee File Management, I9 compliance and reporting. The ideal candidate will be organized, hardworking and an experienced producer and planner.
HR Employment Generalist Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage I9 process, partner with Payroll team(s) to audit I9’s and ensure compliance, follow up and partner with BHI site representatives as needed to resolve outstanding challenges/issues with problem I9’s, ensure compliance for I9’s.
- Develop and maintain a job description portal
- Develop and maintain “approved” suite of job offer letters specific to role and site. Partner with Contracts and HR Benefits team to ensure correct benefits summaries are attached and approved.
- Responsible for offer letters for corporate hires as well as other hires.
- Audit I9’s and Employee Files to ensure that the required documentation is complete
- Report weekly on compliance and metrics
- Help ensure that BHI Energy Recruiting team meets all legal compliance for I9’s, Employee Files and offer letters meet federal and state requirements
- Maintain employee files, records and paperwork
- Represent employer in community and recruiting events
- Management and data entry of other related HR Employment onboarding forms: EEO Survey’s and Employee Handbook Acknowledgement.
- Ensure that the appropriate hiring procedures are being followed for assigned hires.
- Other duties will be assigned based on business need
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
HR Employment Generalist Requirements and Qualifications
- Possesses excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Excellent computer skills, working knowledge of MS-Office including strong Excel, Outlook and Word experience. An assesment will be part of the interview selection preocess.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Excel, Word, Outlook required and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping is preferred
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of experience or four years of relevant experience, as an HR Generalist.
- Knowledge base and understanding of I9’s compliance, e-verify and employment federal and state regulations/laws.
- General knowledge of employment laws and best practices
PHR, SPHR, GPHR certification preferred
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here