Senior HR Generalist
Weymouth, MA Posted: 2/19/2019
The Senior HR Generalist partners with team members and leadership regarding company policies, practices, and procedures to align with our culture. This individual is responsible for providing HR partnership to the different business functions/divisions which may include employee engagement, employee relations, analyze HR metrics, job analysis, compensation and benefits. This position will report directly to
- Responsible for providing comprehensive HR support to a business unit/functional area which may include employee engagement, analyze HR metrics, employee/labor relations, job analysis, compensation and benefits.
- Acts as a liaison between departments/divisions, all levels of line and leadership, HR COEs, legal counsel and outside service providers.
- Manage a caseload of complex employee relations issues including identifying, analyzing, and implementing sound resolutions
- Conduct workplace and ethics investigations and develop and implement appropriate remediation
- Advise and influence all levels of management around complex employee relations decisions including performance management, business conduct, terminations, restructuring, and HR policies, guidelines and practices
- Assist in developing a strategic governance model for ensuring global employee relations support and compliance with local country laws and practices
- Manage employee separation issues, including risk assessment/management, exit processing, and exit interviews
- Partner with and guide site leadership through resolving complex employee relations matters
- Interpret policy and labor law swiftly and accurately in a manner that results in sound recommendations to internal clients
- Escalate and present higher risk issues as appropriate to the Corporate Team
- Serve as back up Worker’s Comp/First Responder as needed
- Evaluate and review employee-related decisions in response to employee concerns
- Serve as a contact for employees and answer questions regarding HR policies and procedures as they support our culture.
- Understand and apply HR best practices in coordination with the different segments.
- Develop and implement solutions to maximize employee retention and engagement.
- Assess and respond to high level employee relations issues including employee misconduct, harassment and discrimination investigations.
- Assist with Human Resources projects as necessary.
- Coach and mentor Supervisors, Managers and Site team members on Employee engagement, challenges.
A successful incumbent of this role will
- Understand HR best practices and current regulations
- Network with peers both internal and external for best practice sharing
- Be able to establish strong partnerships with functional and business leaders to develop and execute on long and short-term HR strategies that directly support the business
- Be innovative, future-oriented and open to new thoughts and ideas
- Have significant experience as an HR generalist as well as have a broad perspective and expertise in multiple areas of human resources such as talent acquisition, labor/employee relations, compensation and benefits, learning and development, and organizational effectiveness
- Possess the distinctive ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Have effective interpersonal skills
- Be able to interact with all levels of employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
- Requires BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant experience, a graduate degree is preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in human resources with an emphasis in workplace investigations, conflict management, and employee relations
- Ability to research, analyze, and resolve allegations, compile and document detailed results, and compose summaries for management and executive review
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to interact and develop strong trusting relationships with employees at all levels in order to gain support and achieve results
- An advanced level of knowledge of state and federal laws including ADA, EEO, FMLA, Title VII, CFRA, and wage and hour laws and benefits and solid understanding of human resources policies and practices
- Intermediate knowledge of employment law, compliance, labor relations subject matter
- Exceptional emotional intelligence with great critical thinking skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment and exercise good judgment with excellent follow-through
- Highly organized with the ability to be agile in reprioritizing tasks/work items as necessary
- Experience working as a professional advisor in situations requiring assessment of complex issues and facilitation of sound decisions involving high risk as well as confidential and sensitive matters
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here