CCS Projects Environmental Specialist – Field Team Lead
The Environmental Specialist performs duties and tasks associated with regulatory and permit compliance field monitoring of groundwater and surface water located at the FPL Turkey Point Nuclear Plant.
Scope of Work and Duties Specific to Environmental Specialist – Field Team Lead
- Lead a monitoring crew in the field and work directly with the current Environmental Specialist and Program Project Manager to meet compliance requirements.
- Conduct groundwater and surface water field monitoring in accordance with county, state, and federal guidelines
- Collect field samples from groundwater aquifer wells, groundwater production wells, cooling canal system surface water, Biscayne Bay surface water, deep injection monitoring wells, and surface water canals
- Perform in-field activities and maintenance duties for compliance with the environmental monitoring program including:
- Manual data downloads from continuous monitoring network
- Minor troubleshooting of sampling and automated equipment
- Coordination with laboratory personnel, couriers, and environmental contractors
- Packing and shipping samples following regulatory guidelines and quality assurance standards per chain of custody
- Detailed record keeping and data management of collected data (field sample sheets, logbooks, COCs, lab reports)
- Coordination and scheduling with outside environmental contractors for regulatory compliance related field and laboratory activities
- Perform basic laboratory equipment calibrations
- Perform detailed calibrations, record keeping, and maintenance activities of on-site equipment including:
- Surface and groundwater quality hand-held and deployed multi-meter probes and sensors
- Peristaltic pumps, flow-meters, viscometers, and other sampling equipment
- ARGO and various other aquatic vessels (kayaks, airboats, canoes, and small boats)
- Perform basic statistical analyses of collected and automated data
- Assist with maintenance of water quality monitoring network in terrestrial, bay, and canal locations
- Minor probe/station troubleshooting when/if necessary
- Reconnaissance of problem areas, escort vendors to check equipment as needed
- Data mining, retrieval, and minor database management related to various projects, CCS management, and corporate environmental requests in support of subject matter expert and company representatives
- Conduct as needed data analyses of non-regulatory related data collection events
- Record keeping and generation of order requests for any materials related to field and lab needs.
Prior field technician or laboratory experience is necessary
Strong knowledge of environmental field equipment maintenance and calibration
Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, more specifically Excel and Word functions
Experience with monitoring groundwater and surface water using multiple sampling techniques and applications
Experience working in the field in extreme weather conditions including high humidity and hot temperatures
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.