Construction Manager – Commercial Construction
Weymouth, MA Posted: 6/7/2019
Commercial Construction Manager
The Construction Manager will be responsible for the design build of 15,000 to 24,0000 square foot Service Centers on Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard, which house large equipment and employees. The Construction manager makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, independently, and serves as the technical authority on the job site. This position represents the organization in resolving important cross-functional questions and in planning and coordinating work across departments. Requires project and schedule management skills including computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools. Requires a working knowledge of labor contracts. Requires communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution and teamwork skills. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel). Responsibilities include:
- Work with the client from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
- Oversee details like permit submission and design evaluations. Coordinate completion of permitting process.
- Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of commercial construction.
- Directs the work planning process including preparation and prioritization of work plans and schedules, resource and materials requirements and forecasts and coordination with other processes for optimal resource utilization.
- Prepares and submits project estimates to client
- Collaborates with engineering and construction crew to ensure feasibility of project
- Manages the construction budget and tracks construction progress in accordance with schedule, risk management, and cost. Processes change orders during construction and ensures cost is adhered to.
- Keeps superiors informed of the status of projects and controls expenditures within budget limitations.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective monthly safety meetings and ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship. Provides employees feedback and seeks to resolve quality variations.
- Identifies, develops and implements work process and practices improvements.
- Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and construction subcontractors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study
- 7+ years’ experience in designing and building commercial structures
- Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets
- Previous experience with drainage swales, environmental codes, gas and water tie-ins, and commercial building construction
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures
- Extensive experience managing budgets for large construction projects
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
- Strong verbal and report writing skills
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be insurable. Will be provided a vehicle and gas card.
- Will be subject to successful Background Investigation and Drug Screening prior to start on the job.
- Priority given to candidates residing in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut
- Requires US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Green Card
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here