CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – TRANSMISSION & SUBSTATIONS – NH
Weymouth, MA Posted: 6/13/2019
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER - TRANSMISSION
The Construction Manager will be responsible for managing a 13 mile new 115kV transmission line and associated substation upgrades. The Construction manager makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, independently, and serves as the technical authority on the job site. This position represents the organization in resolving important cross-functional questions and in planning and coordinating work across departments. Requires project and schedule management skills including computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools. Requires a working knowledge of labor contracts. Requires communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution and teamwork skills. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel). Responsibilities include:
- Work with the client from the start of project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
- Oversee details like permit submission and design evaluations. Coordinate completion of permitting process.
- Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of construction.
- Directs the work planning process including preparation and prioritization of work plans and schedules, resource and materials requirements and forecasts and coordination with other processes for optimal resource utilization.
- Prepares and submits project estimates to client
- Collaborates with engineering and construction crew to ensure feasibility of project
- Manages the construction budget and tracks construction progress in accordance with schedule, risk management, and cost. Processes change orders during construction and ensures cost is adhered to.
- Keeps superiors informed of the status of projects and controls expenditures within budget limitations.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective monthly safety meetings and ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship. Provides employees feedback and seeks to resolve quality variations.
- Identifies, develops and implements work process and practices improvements.
- Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and construction subcontractors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- 7+ years’ experience in construction or upgrades of transmission lines and substations
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and plan sets
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures
- Extensive experience managing budgets for large construction projects
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
- Strong verbal and report writing skills
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be insurable. Will be provided a vehicle and gas card.
- Will be subject to successful Background Investigation and Drug Screening prior to start on the job.
- Priority given to candidates residing in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Requires US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Green Card
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here