Salisbury, NC Posted: 7/16/2019
BHI Energy is currently looking for an equipment operator to work at the Buck Steam Station located in Spencer, NC. This is a local hire position. An equipment operator must have the appropriate licenses operating equipment (i.e. off-road dump trucks, backhoes, tractors, and dozers). In additions to hands -on experience, they must have the ability to plan, estimate, operate, and perform pre-use vehicles inspections. Provide support to the ash pond project per the client with occasional travel involved from site to site.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Specific job responsibilities and duties should include but not be limited to:
- Loads, transports, and unload materials, tools, equipment, and supplies to support project activities.
- Inspects equipment for malfunctions or defective parts, documents results and notifies supervisor of deficiencies.
- Places defective equipment in an “out of service” status to prevent personnel injury or further equipment damage.
Understands verbal and hand signal directions given by signalman or spotters
Education and/or Experience:
3 – 5 years experience operating Heavy Equipment preferred
High school diploma/GED, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Must be safety oriented
Ability to understand and follow oral instructions, communicate tactfully and effectively with supervisors, co-workers and the public
Utilize appropriate PPE and Reflective Clothing as required by site specific requirements.
Performs basic mechanical adjustments or services as needed and authorized by client.
Able to learn and comply with all safety policies and procedures and OSHA regulations
Able to learn and comply with all company policies and procedures
Ability to travel and to work overtime when required
Must be able to pass a drug screen
Must have a strong work ethic
Must be 18 years of age
- Maintain qualification to perform routine inspections in accordance with plant procedures.
- Be able to climb and work from ladders and scaffolding.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds overhead.
- Verify pre-use inspections have been completed prior to operation.
- Follow safe work practices.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here