Newport News, VA Posted: 8/13/2019
Five (5) or more years as a marine, commercial nuclear, or petro/chem First Class Pipefitter.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
1.Able to read and interpret ship piping drawings.
2. Experienced fitting carbon steel, CRES, and copper nickel piping.
3. Ability to end prep piping by hand and/or with Wach or Portsmouth Machine.
4. Knowledge in installing pipe hangers.
5. Ability to read a ruler using inches and tenths.
6. Ability to prep and fit-up backing rings.
7. Ability to clean cut/break pipe with a grinder.
8. Ability to hand prep V bevels.
9. Experience in fabrication of various details and assemblies from drawings.
10. Ability to bend pipe from template and in the use of a hand bender.
11. Ability to fit welded sockets.
12. Ability to fit brazed joints with/without insert ring.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here