1. Technical Expertise: Exhibits journey level proficiency plus advanced knowledge that enables the engineer to serve as a leader within the assigned organization. Keeps abreast of new products, developments, technologies, procedures and equipment. Understands and analyzes interrelationships between systems and component equipment. Interprets codes and regulations, and develops standards relevant to the area of assignment.
2. Leadership & Guidance: Provides guidance and exercises judgment and discretion in providing guidance and direction to other Engineers. Leads, facilitates and coordinates work activities of others within the work group, team, department, corporate entity, or those external to the company as required to perform all routine engineering work. Ensures all work activities are performed in accordance with the policies, practices, standards and rules of the company and complies with the regulations and procedures required by external agencies. Promotes engineering professionalism and standards. Coordinates and conducts training sessions.
3. Planning & Organization Ability: Participates in the development of plans by establishing measurable goals, objectives and requirements for specific areas of responsibility. Coordinates the development of input necessary to establish projected cost of all projects. Is proficient in use of scheduling techniques (CPM, PERT, flow charts, etc.) for budget and planning activities. Identifies and initiates appropriate corrective action when objectives are not being met.
4. Problem Solving & Initiative: Identifies, clarifies, resolves, and initiates solutions to routine and/or complex problems that sometimes involve analysis of inadequate or conflicting data. Demonstrates the ability to divide problems into component steps. Consistently looks for and develops opportunities and presents new ideas and approaches.
5. Communication: Coordinates the work of other engineers in an efficient and effective manner. Develops, reviews or prepares reports on complex technical subjects clearly, concisely and effectively, in a manner suitable for presentation to management, professional societies, regulatory bodies, etc. Leads and facilitates meetings effectively.
6. Interpersonal Skills: Possess collaborative and consensus building skills. Functions as a team leader and member. Networks upward and downward in several disciplines inside and outside the Company system. Leverages network to get things done.
7. Decision Making: Makes decisions affecting plans and goals based on analysis of uncertain input and outcomes. Uses diverse approaches to make decisions in the absence of a definite framework or where few precedents exist. Can handle conflicting interests related to approaches on projects or studies. Analyzes options and risks and possesses the experience and knowledge to assess the risk of decisions and act accordingly. Makes decisions that affect the operations or results of the department and may have some impact on a major project.
8. Business Awareness & Characteristics: Exhibits an awareness of Company competitive position and how business decisions impact their organizational unit. Understands the specific goals and objectives of their individual organizational unit and is proficient in establishing measurable goals and objectives. Effectively manages project budgets using cost management techniques and understands how their decisions and recommendations impact Company expenses and revenues. Demonstrates an awareness of profit incentives, optimizing growth of customers' businesses and using our services to attract new business.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.