Transmission Line / Civil Engineer
West Palm Beach, FL Posted: 8/26/2019
FLSA Exemption: Professional
Reports To: Design Engineering Manager
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-TOWER, LPILE
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of design in high voltage overhead transmission lines
- Experience designing foundations for a variety of structure types
- Knowledge of industry standards for transmission lines including IEEE, ASCE, and NESC standards
- Ability to work as a team in a safe manner.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain throughout the duration of employment.
- Post Offer/Employment Conditions: Must be able to pass a post offer criminal background check and drug screening.
- Strong focus on quality and strong attention to details is required.
- Ability to represent BHI Energy in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to work independently and think analytically.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at any given time
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Engineering Knowledge - Technical knowledge of engineering practices, theories, and best practices.
Essential Job Functions
- Support transmission engineering manager with design support and updating standards
- Help develop cost estimates and design proposals for new work
- Design transmission lines using the PLS-CADD suite of design software tools
- Prepare deliverables for clients including construction prints, bill of material, drawings, and permits
- Travel to project sites as needed in support of transmission work
- Work with vendors to specify transmission line components
- Other duties as required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth.
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here