BHI Energy is currently accepting resumes for a Plant Operator in the Roxboro, NC area. In this position you must have the appropriate licenses and at least 3 year to 4 years' experience. This experience shall include but no limited to following approved procedures, startup, shutdown, normal operations, monitoring, servicing, and maintenance of all equipment and systems at the Coal Generating facility.
Must be familiar with emergency procedures to follow during periods of abnormal operation. Accountable for knowing and adhering to all location safety procedures including red tagging, and personal protective equipment. Performs maintenance of plant equipment: troubleshoots, repairs, and calibrates equipment. Position shall monitor equipment performance through test, analysis, and report variances.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Specific job responsibilities and duties should include but not be limited to:
- Check and monitor plant equipment and systems daily to ensure proper orientation and detect problems as they occur. This includes checking oil levels, pressures, temperature, flows, unusual noises, vibration, overheating, leaks, cleanliness, etc.
- Responsible for start-up, normal operations, and shutdown of all major and auxiliary equipment and systems in the plant following approved operating procedures.
- Understand equipment operating principles, operating parameters, interlocks, alarms, and how the equipment functions within its respective system.
- Perform basic maintenance on equipment such as changing oil, greasing, changing filters, filtering oils, cleaning (e.g. nozzles, water boxes, strainers, etc. )
- Understand the purpose and function of the equipment and systems in the plant.
- Able to line up systems for various modes of operations (e.g. startup, shutdown, emergency etc.).
- Utilize necessary equipment to remove waste from the plant (e.g. pyrites, bottom ash, fly ash, waste oil, water box debris, etc.).
- Must be familiar with the emergency procedures to follow during periods of abnormal operation.
- Isolate and lockout/tag out equipment for maintenance.
- Troubleshoot equipment/system problems and fix if possible. Originate work requests for those problems that cannot be resolved by operations.
- Inspect equipment and be able to identify problems.
- Maintain accurate logs and records associated with the operation of auxiliary equipment, incident reports, shift logs, checklists, etc.
- Work safely and effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to wear all required safety equipment and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to pass respiratory physical and wear all personal protective equipment.
- Successful completion of Power Plan Physical Abilities Assessment (PAS).
- Ability to work around equipment that generated electromagnetic fields (EMF).
- Learn basic skills in other craft areas such as mechanical, electrical, & I & C.
- Adhere to all station safely and environmental programs and procedures.
- Ability to operate station vehicles such as forklifts, tractors, and trucks.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.