1. The following sets forth the principal duties required for the job that are normally to be performed. It is not intended to limit the assignment of work or set the degree of supervision under all conditions. An employee may perform miscellaneous, related and incidental work in addition to that outlined below. These duties will be performed as an entry-level position under a training and learning process. Individuals will be under direct and/or semi-direct supervision and will progress from assisting with these duties to performing them individually with semi-direct supervision and/or job guidance, based on accumulated job knowledge.
2. Issue material under proper authorization; process and file required records which may include picking up, hauling and delivering materials and operating Company automotive equipment such as cars and trucks.
3. Check received material for quantity; make visual inspection for identity, breakage,and condition; initiate and process material receipt and related records.
4. Report irregularities and abnormal conditions
5. Identify, sort and record material returned; place usable material in stock, and sort non-usable material into scrap containers; record applicable information and process related records
6. Operate computer terminals and printers supporting a materials management system, and other office equipment such as calculators, scanners etc.
7. Prepare and pack material for shipment or storage, including preparation of required shipping papers and other related records. This may include shipping and receiving hazardous material, such as gasoline, oil, oil containing PCB, and lead-acid batteries under required safety and environmental procedures.
8. Operate material handling equipment such as hand trucks, forklift trucks, low lift trucks, hoists, overhead cranes, order pickers, or any other equipment as required.
9. Assist supervisor with maintaining efficient storage of materials, rearrangement or change of bins and racks, and making material location changes.
10. Assist in maintaining adequate inventory levels based on current requirements through inventory cycle counts; perform discrepancy adjustments with appropriate approval and process all associated records.
11. Assist employees of equal or higher classification.
12. Perform similar or less skilled work.
13. Perform duties in accordance with Company safety rules, operating regulations, and practice.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.