Fort Wayne, IN Posted: 9/16/2019
Duration (-/+) 12 months
Location- Fort Wayne, IN
Provide expertise in data creation through conversion of existing data sources into GIS data, expertise in field survey methods and differential correction, data file management, and development of cartographic products.
1. Create, revise and maintain technical data used for reports maps and sketches.
2. Create, revise and maintain material and property equipment records.
3. Obtain information required to perform work from multiple resources including; verbal/electronic communications, sketches, marked drawings, field notes, vendors’ catalogs and technical reference manuals.
4. Operate large scale plotters and other duplicating equipment.
5. Work with other organizations of the company to resolve discrepancies to assure that data reflects accurate field conditions.
6. Design and run moderately complex queries and reports defined to pull data from graphical and non graphical databases.
7. Demonstrate a proficiency in various related data systems utilized to perform GIS duties.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Computer Science, Geography, Civil Engineering, Drafting or related field OR Associate’s degree in GIS, Computer Science, Geography, Civil Engineering, Drafting or related field OR High School/equivalency.
Experience: Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in GIS – 0 year related experience; non-GIS Bachelors or Associate’s degree – 0 year related experience or High School – 3 years related GIS experience.
License: Valid state driver’s license
REQUIREMENTS – OTHER: These are additional expectations for the job and could include specific work experience, license / certifications, preemployment testing, expectations about travel, shift work, etc.
1. Have working knowledge of computer graphics and automated drawing methods and have the ability to distinguish colors
2. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel and Access.
Successful candidate should have general experience with a CAD or mapping system, be well versed with Microsoft Office products, and have an ability for learning and mastering new technologies. Must also work well within a team environment and willing to ask questions
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here