T & D
Hartford, CT Posted: 9/27/2019
Position Summary: Substation Escort will ensure worker(s) being escorted are physically and electrically safe while working within the confines of the substation (switchyard and control house). This is a non-exempt position in the construction, maintenance and repair of substation equipment / systems. This position will require walking, sitting, or standing for long periods of time throughout a scheduled shift. A Substation Escort will escort visitors, contractors and vendors throughout the designated job site. The Substation Escort must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with a variety of individuals. This position may also be required to travel to another state depending on customer demands.
- Work safely while directing non-substation qualified individuals to the proper area of the substation.
- Escort all visitors throughout facilities
- Provide escort at various work locations
- Escort and monitor building trade and service contractor personal access
- Will be required to use Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) which at a minimum will include properly fire retardant clothing. EH rated safety boots, safety glasses, hard hat and high visibility vest.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Must be dependable and flexible on availability.
- High School Diploma
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check, and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements
- Able to obtain substation escort qualification per customer’s procedure
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- Emphasis on Safety
- Professionalism demonstrated through reliability and punctuality
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here