Contract position- -/+ 12 months approx.
Location: Indian Land, SC
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- Relocation and per diem support are not available for this position.
- Due to the nature of the work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
BHI Energy is seeking an Electrical Engineer I or II at the client's Indian Land, SC office.
This position requires a self-starter, who can work independently with limited supervision or guidance. Under the supervision of a Lead /Supervising Engineer, this position will offer you the opportunity to work in a project team environment working on modification projects for Nuclear, fossil and hydro generating stations, and High Voltage substations.
You will be involved in power distribution designs and the preparation of specifications for the procurement of major electrical power equipment and related installation services needed to support other disciplines.
Work will include the following:
- Support the project lead in coordinating systems design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Prepare and review detailed calculations, including three phase power transient studies, voltage drop, and protective relay settings.
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Multi—discipline design assistance preparing and revising design drawings using AutoCAD or Microstation software. Drawings will be both dimensional (physical arrangement, pipng isometrics, etc.) and non-dimensional (schematic, wring, single line diagrams, P&IDs, etc.).
- Provide general support to projects in development of modification packages, estimates, material take-offs, and document control.
- Prepare project estimates and prepare scope of work documents.
- There is the potential for you to travel to client and vendor offices for design reviews and to plant site locations for construction coordination and field verification of designs.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.