BHI Energy has an opportunity for a Project Quality Manager (PQM), who will be responsible for the development, implementation, and management of a contract-specific Project Quality Plan (PQP) and all other quality related functions necessary to deliver the project fully compliant with the contract documents.
The PQM is a member of the project management team, and therefore must be able to work with minimal supervision, interact professionally with the project team and client personnel, have excellent written / verbal communication and conflict resolution skills, manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively, have a Continuous Improvement (CI) and Total Quality Management (TQM) mentality, and takes the lead role in managing quality on the project.
The PQM is the chief quality representative on the project and has full stop work authority for matters related to quality. The PQM is the head of the project quality department, is responsible for managing all other salaried and hourly quality personnel on the project and must engage the project team to foster a quality-focused culture.
A four-year engineering, science, or technical college degree plus five (5) years of experience in a related construction and/or engineering field or; associate degree in engineering technology or science plus ten (10) years of experience in a related construction and/or engineering field with at least five (5) of these years in a Quality position or; a high school graduate or equivalent (GED) plus fifteen (15) years of experience in a related construction field and/or engineering with at least ten (10) of these years in a Quality position.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of Quality Management Systems (QMS), the power market, and the EPC contractual model (typical scopes, schedules, and contractual requirements) in order to develop and implement the project-specific quality program
• A broad working knowledge of the trades, disciplines, associated special processes, inspection and testing techniques, construction industry codes, standards, and jurisdictional requirements associated with the Power market and specifically with the transmission & distribution, wind, and solar sub-markets.
• Self-starter with organizational, managerial, and leadership skills. Must be able to manage teams up to 20 personnel, have effective organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
• Strong public speaking and technical writing skills. Must be able to communicate to large groups craft personnel as well as management and client teams
• American Society of Quality (e.g., Certified Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE)), American Concrete Institute, American Welding Society, certifications are advantageous
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
• Ability to relocate to project locations as required
• Manage the development, implementation, and management of a contract-specific PQP
• Review and approve subcontractor quality plans to ensure compliance with contractual requirements
• Manage inspection and testing subcontractors for the project
• Ensure quality staff is adequately assigned, trained, and qualified to execute the PQP and that all project staff has access to the appropriate quality resources
• Maintain a positive, collaborative relationship with the Client team while understanding their expectations
• Coordinate and perform QA audits and assessments on the QMS, PQP, subcontractor quality plans, and other processes / procedures (which may include other business unit functions). Document findings and assign / implement effective Corrective Actions
• Analyze findings to identify trends that could be potential risks to the project. Work with the project management team to develop and implement mitigation strategies to remove or reduce those risks
• Promote Continuous Improvement and the timely reporting of all conditions that affect the project
• Be actively engaged in operation planning sessions, providing input from a Quality standpoint and ensuring that Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) are developed for all operations
• Ensure that all Quality documentation required for project turnover is completed, compliant with contractual requirements, and stored in an organized manner
• Understand the cost of quality while managing within the allocated budget and making smart financial decisions
• Routinely speak and /or present at meetings to promote quality goals / objectives and to discuss issues
• Perform routine performance reviews with all project Quality staff
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.