Contract Duration: -/+ 12 months
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Also looking for a Assistant Development Project Manager. Pay rate and job title will be determined by hiring manager.
The Development PM is responsible for the scope development of projects engaged by our planning groups and sponsors. The DPM is responsible for navigating the project thru Functional Scoping/Estimating (Gate 1). Additionally, high level milestone schedule, risk register, communication plan and yearly budget forecast are deliverables the DPM is responsible for providing. Simply stated, the DPM locks down “what” will be done. The project is then handed off to an Execution (Trans) PM for further detailed scope/estimate development, project funding approval and ultimate project execution.
The main responsibility of the DPM APM will be a focus on documentation of the Charter as it is developed and creation of new components of scope as need is determined. The position requires collaboration with project planners and sponsors as well as the functional engineering groups. Utility technical experience would be very beneficial.
This post will have a range from Transmission Project Manager Associate to Transmission Assistant Project Manager. Job title and pay rate will be determined by the hiring manager.
25% travel required: All projects executed by the contractor will be in Virginia, West Virginia and Kentucky, so there is travel to the projects for regular visits and project meetings. Some of the projects, are generally overnight stays due to the long drive time. Travel can be in their own vehicle or possibly a rental car.
Position Summary: Assist in the management of low and medium risk projects in a matrix team environment. Provide leadership, direction, coordination, and effective communication to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects in a safe, effective, economical, risk-balanced approach to achieve short and long range goals and to obtain maximum customer satisfaction. Develop relationships and effectively communicate with all stakeholders including internal customers, external customers, team members, suppliers, contractors, vendors, and industry peers.
1. Assist the project manager in planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating assigned project and outage work activities, or provide on assigned projects.
2. Support and hold employees and contractors accountable for the AEP System Safety Process, ensuring a safe working environment focused on “Commitment to Zero Harm”.
3. Develop, review and coordinate the project plan, schedule, budget, tools, and staff. Perform lead role as assigned to increase awareness and begin building proficiency in all knowledge areas of project plans.
4. Effectively communicate project details and status updates. Lead planning meetings and project updates with supportive role in stakeholder presentations. Provide clear and concise written reports.
5. Develop working relationships with the project team, plant staff, contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
6. Foster teamwork and seek customer satisfaction.
7. Provide general guidance, instruction, and training to improve design, systems, procedures, schedules, and costs.
8. Assist the project team in ensuring effective and timely performance of project work activities.
Minimum Requirements: Education: Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or related field of study.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.