General Pump Technician
Huntersville, NC Posted: 2/13/2020
SPRING 2020 GENERAL PUMP TECHNICIAN NEEDED
POSITION OVERVIEW: Pump Technician must have NUCLEAR Experience.
Knowledge of power plant maintenance work, skilled in working with rotating equipment and other associated plant equipment. Must have the ability to independently perform PM, repair, rebuild and testing of various pumps and associated motor work. Work includes but is not limited to trouble shooting, problem evaluation, complete disassembly, inspections, re-assembly, and alignment of components as applicable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Care and use of various hand tools and calibrated tools.
- Cutting/grinding operations with pneumatic and electric hand-held power tools.
- Proper use and care of hydraulic torque wrench.
- Care, use and proper installation of mechanical seals on various plant equipment
- Perform shaft alignment on rotating equipment using dial indicators or laser alignment tools.
- Perform critical bolt-ups that affect equipment alignment.
- Sheave alignment on various belt driven equipment.
- Install and maintain oil flush in preparation of equipment start up.
- Remove and install gaskets and packing
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here