Phoenix, AZ Posted: 11/22/2019
BHI Energy is currently seeking qualified Painters and Painter Helpers. Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Selects and mixes coating additives to thin or promote drying and adhesion.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Uses high air-pressure sandblasting equipment, chemical application, chipping hammer, power tools and other abrasives to remove rust, grease, dirt, concrete, and old paint prior to paint application.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare surfaces, such as bare wood, metal, piping, fixtures, structures and equipment for finish coats.
- Selects paint according to company color scheme and specifications.
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to heavy equipment, buildings, bridges, and/or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, sandblasting equipment, or rollers. May use epoxy, latex or enamel coatings.
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements and/or work orders.
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors or homeowners in order to determine work requirements.
- Disassembles paint and sandblasting equipment and cleans equipment, using solvent, wire brushes, and dry cloth.
- Erect scaffolding and swing gates, or set up ladders, to work above ground level.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, door knobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Wash and treat surfaces with oil, turpentine, mildew remover, or other preparations, and sand rough spots to ensure that finishes will adhere properly.
- Mix and match colors of paint, stain, or varnish with oil and thinning and drying additives in order to obtain desired colors and consistencies.
- Respiratory protection is common and required in many applications.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here