Reports To: Field Management
The Administrative Assistant position provides administrative, client and company relations, and facility support to the office. Working under the direct supervision of field leadership this position takes the lead responsibility to ensure the day to day office operations are organized and functional.
- Ability to deal and work well with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow through on assignments
- High energy level with ability to work in fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- High commitment to achieving goals and plans
- Professional appearance maintained at all times
- Work independently
- Customer Oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment as well as an industrial environment observing employees, their progress with assigned work, and interfacing with both employees and client employees with a moderate to high noise level. The employee is required to don the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to walk job site
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have a 2 or 4 year degree. Experience in electric utility is a plus! Must have excellent time management, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills. Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.