Position Title: Director, Operations - Valves
Reports to: VP, Valves & Ice
Based out of Piedmont, SC or home office
The Director, Operations will manage and lead fast-paced, cross functional teams in the development and execution of winning deal strategies, proposals, and contracts, evaluating competitive environment, stakeholder base, realizing price for value delivered, assuring cost information is accurate and complete, while meeting legal requirements and business financial targets.
The Director, Operations demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy
- Drive business growth while protecting the business from unacceptable risks
- Develop winning proposals to government agencies and private sector businesses for medium and high complexity deals for all projects, services and/or products
- Interface with executive leadership, engineering, project management, services, finance, legal and other teams as required, to leverage their expertise to create value propositions for the customer that are aligned with business solution offerings
- Manage the entire inquiry to order process to ensure that a compliant quality proposal is delivered within the designated time and within the designated budget, and to ensure that orders are effectively transitioned to the fulfillment team
- Lead required proposal reviews and approval meetings with senior executives and other business leaders to finalize bid strategy / offer
- Develop financial model for proposals incorporating required inputs and ensuring compliance with all business accounting standards
- Provide initial assessment of Request For Proposal and/or contract terms and conditions and ensure completion of all required reviews and approvals
- Utilize lean principles to continually improve the quote creation processes to achieve cost and cycle time reduction through relentless focus on process and metrics
- Drive efficiencies through the sharing of best practices within the region and with other regions
- Ensure successful planning and execution of assigned projects including project planning, scope assessment, readiness, safety, quality, financial, human performance and human resource implementation deployment.
- Remain visible, available and approachable to BHI Energy employees supporting assigned operational projects and lead by example with regards to expected positive behaviors, field observations, corrective actions and coaching.
- Exemplify a bias for action and drive for results. Communicate plans, project status and issues in a proactive manner and develop effective counter measures to recover projects when challenged.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 7 years of experience within Project Management, Product Management, Quotes/Proposals, Commercial Finance, and/or Field Sales
- Be able to travel on a weekly / frequent basis as necessary to support BHI and client needs. When necessary, maintain a presence at client sites for extended periods of time in support of outages, including assignment as a leader for complete outage time frames.
- Experience in Project Management, Contract Negotiation, and Execution of Nuclear/Non-Nuclear and/or other Energy projects
- Prior experience in Energy industry
- Ability to effectively calculate, analyze and communicate complex financial data
- Ability to effectively understand and assess complex contracts and bid documents, including government regulations
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to effectively communicate to senior business executives
- Strong project management and technical skills
- Ability to effectively influence and lead large cross functional teams comprising numerous business disciplines
- Experience with direct customer interactions, presentations, and relationship building
- Experience negotiating with internal and external customers
- Experience writing and managing contracts
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality training preferred
- Strong process design and operation skills required
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Please submit resumes to:
Cynthia.Baumann@bhienergy.com or fax 508-746-8588 or
Or mail to: BHI Energy, Inc.
97 Libbey Industrial Parkway, 4th Floor
Weymouth MA 02189
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.