Classification: Part- Time
FLSA Exemption: Professional
Reports To: Executive VP of T&D Services
Under general supervision this position will perform duties such as: updating and/or creating maps and/or design drawings using geographic information systems (GIS) or computer aided design (CAD) technology; conducting research; reading and/or interpreting utility infrastructure maps; proofing or comparing the information contained on maps/drawings with information from different sources; measuring distances, areas, perimeters, and angles.
- Update distribution system to real world conditions in client GIS
- Perform quality assurance checks on peers as required
- Assist in the acquisition of field data as required
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using client GIS to accurately capture and manipulate data for drawing modification development.
- Achieve weekly billable goal as defined by the project guidelines
- Attending meetings, training sessions and seminars, as assigned
- Shall be familiar with the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in one or more of the following areas: Electrical Engineering, Electric Distribution Design, GIS, Work management system, Data Collection
- Any other related tasks assigned to you by your supervisor
- Must be capable of field data collection, transfer, and correction of GPS collected datasets
- Must be able to utilize GIS and database software to gather, analyze data, develop, review, and process data related to multiple disciplines
- Edit or modify existing datasets and maintain data integrity
- Provide support and research in development, maintenance, updating and retrieving information from various GIS related files and relational databases for designers for visualizations such as portals, web apps, map viewers.
- Must be able to analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data and solve problems using the GIS suite of tools.
- Must ensure the accuracy and timeliness of computer generated maps and reports
- Perform other related duties as directed by Management.
- Knowledge of GIS programs/data
- Ability to develop and design, as built and schematic drawings from field data
- Strong use of Microsoft Office Suite a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of electrical equipment and telecommunication networks is a plus
- Follow Code of Safe Practices as outlined in the company safety policies.
- Possess the working knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements specific to the individual’s job responsibility.
- Responsible to maintain a safe and healthful place of work.
- Responsible for your own safety. This includes inspecting your own workplace on a daily basis and promptly reporting unsafe/unhealthful conditions to the PM/Supervisor.
- Report all work-related injury or illness, however slight, to management.
- Make recommendations for a safer workplace and/or work practices.
- Personal protective equipment must be used when and where required, and properly maintained.
- Analytical or scientific software -Computer aided design CAD software.
- Desktop publishing software - Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign; Adobe Acrobat PRO
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Computers and Electronics – Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software, including system applications.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related document
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
The work environment characteristics described here and the resulting physical qualifications required are representative of those an employee must expect and be prepared for while performing the essential functions of this job. Analyst positions are part-time and based out of West Palm Beach, Florida offering 20-25 hours per week. Sitting in an office environment at a computer desk. Standing, bending, lifting as needed. Travel may be required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have an a Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.• Candidates with a strong information technology background, CAD design, electrical, utility distribution system or experience with GIS and work management systems are highly desired. Majors in Information Technology, Geography, GIS, and similar fields are strongly encouraged to apply. Self-motivated and must demonstrate a high-level of integrity and productivity. Able to perform duties independently with general supervision. Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects; adhering to timelines. Strong interpersonal skills. Computer skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; Must be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled employment friendly.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.