Payroll Administrator with Payroll Tax Experience
Contract position- 4-6 months with possibility go the perm. No Guarantee.
Candidates must be able to pass background check to include 7 yrs employment verification and drug screen.
Responsible for processing of payroll from beginning to end including working with other internal/external parties to obtain data timely. Prepare reconciliations and various funding requests with every payroll.
Analyze payroll data, reports and forms for accuracy. Maintain payroll database integrity and reconciliation of internal / external data. Validating and auditing timesheets to ensure compliance and accurate payment. Generate on demand checks for corporate and site locations. Processing nonstandard payroll transactions including stock compensation, merit increases, bonuses, tax equalization, relocation, applicable tax gross ups, etc.
Provide information as required to 3rd parties including short term disability administrators, IRS and state and local agencies. Processing termination payments in accordance with various state guidelines. Assist with auditing and reconciling quarterly and annual tax returns. Create variety of query reports to support payroll and site administrators.
Develop and maintain desk procedures. Develop and maintain payroll metrics and reports as needed. Assist in payroll software transition including set up of pay rules, testing software and auditing data transitioned. Assist in special project work as requested.
Experience with the following desired: payroll tax reconciliation; audits and reconciling of quarterly and annual tax returns; research and reconciliation of all 941 forms for multi-state legal entities
Ultimate Payroll system experience strongly preferred; CPP preferred
• Developing general knowledge.
• Developing use and/or application of basic principles, theories and concepts.
• Basic familiarity with knowledge area, staff, technologies, services, and practices.
• Makes decisions regarding own work within defined parameters.
• Regularly contributes useful ideas for own work area.
• Works on problems of limited scope.
• Follows standard practices and procedures.
• General instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
• May coordinate efforts of others.
• Basic communication – delivers information to individuals within defined parameters.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.