Advanced Shipfitter (Multi-Pass Tack & Burn)
San Diego, CA Posted: 1/7/2020
Please note this is a CONTRACT (Leased Labor) POSITION, located in Newport News, VA.
Four years of commercial/naval experience as a first class Shipfitter.
1. Rigger/Material Handling
2. Optical instrument experience (Level, Transit)
3. Shipwright / Erect & Set experience.
4. Tank Testing
5. Mobile equipment operation (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
1. Multi-Pass Tack Welding.
2. Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
3. Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
4. Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
5. Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
6. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
7. Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
8. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.).
9. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
10. Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
11. Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
12. Ability to use Work Packages and Drawings to plan and execute work.
13. Ability to use Molded Lines and Ship Reference Lines to execute required work.
14. Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Complex-shaped Shell Plates.
15. Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Decks, Bulkheads, Longitudinals, trunks, etc:,
16. Ability to Install and Replace Hull Inserts and Penetrations, Ability to Install Miscellaneous and Complex Foundations.
Tack Welding Qualification:
All Shipfitters will be required to pass a Multi-Pass Tack Welder Qualification Test upon reporting for the first day of work. This test will be:
A. Using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Process.
B. With MIL-10718-M (A-5A) Filler Metal of MIL-E-22200/1.
C. In both the Vertical Up (3F) and Overhead (4F) positions.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here